Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Triumph Bonneville Bobber released

This from Cyril Huze:

Yesterday in London, Triumph introduced the all-new premium custom Bonneville Bobber. Born in a bloodline of Triumph bobber customs that stretch all the way back to the 1940’s, it encapsulates the minimalist styling principles, muscular stance and purposeful engineering attitude of a genuine bobber. Stripping the Bonneville T120 back to its purest essence it delivers all the hallmarks of a real bobber, with clean lines and low stance, single seat, wide flat bars, minimal bodywork and headlight, sculpted tank, wire-spoke wheels with wide rear wheel and that all-important hard tail look.

The Bobber’s features include a battery box with stainless steel strap, bar end mirrors, rear mudguard loop, carb styled twin throttle bodies, broad adjustable levers, traditional rubber gaiters, classic rear ‘drum brake’ inspired hub, new side panel and sprocket cover with removable inspection cap. A genuine factory custom, the Bobber features a whole host of premium finishes including bronze 1200HT engine badges and the signature Triumph makers mark triangle, brushed engine covers, branded locking fuel cap and silver satin and graphite handlebar risers.

There are four premium color options to choose from: – Ironstone, with a matt finish – Morello Red – Stunning Competition Green and Frozen Silver, with a stylish British racing twist – Jet Black
    Authenticity
    – A genuine Bonneville, iconic and authentic
    – A genuine bobber with unparalleled heritage, attitude and desirability
    – A genuine factory custom with beautifully styled minimalism

Hand Crafted Custom Style
    – Breath-taking poise, presence and iconic silhouette
    – Authentic bobber features, stripped back, low, single seat, wide flat bars and hard tail look
    – Premium bobber detailing and finishes

Innovative and Elegant Engineering
    – Adjustable riding position
    – Floating aluminum seat pan with beautiful stitched deep foam pad
    – Sublime crafted ‘swing cage’ and hidden mono shock rear suspension
    – Signature Bonneville straight line exhaust hidden ‘cat box’ pipe run

Thrilling Hot Rod Ride and Sound
    – Category leading torque delivered by a dedicated Bonneville 1200HT ‘Bobber’ engine tune
    – More torque and power lower down than the Bonneville T120
    – Brushed stainless steel twin exhaust with lighter ‘slash cut’ sawn off peashooter 
silencers and a rich unique bobber exhaust note

Capability, Comfort and Control
    – A bobber without compromise
    – All new frame, chassis and suspension for an engaged and comfortable ride
    – Authentic wire-spoke black rim wheels and category-first radial Avon Cobra rear tire
    – Rider focused technology including ride-by-wire, torque assist clutch, switchable traction control and road and rain full power riding modes

What are your thoughts Skitz?

I think it looks sensational for a factory bike. Shouldn't be too difficult to hardtail it either.
    Originally posted by Desmo
    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

I agree Commander Keen, I think it looks pretty damn good, and is a very brave bike from a mainstream manufacturer. A Softail style frame on a Triumph is something I never expected to see.

Obviously a factory stock bike always looks awkward off the showroom floor, with ugly pipes, suspension higher than you'd like, rear license plate section over powering, and in this case the seat height and position looking very out of place. But all these are the usual things people change on their bike themselves anyway, so you need to look past all that.

I think there will be a lot of people who won't bother hardtailing these, and will just replace the rear shock with a solid strut (set to lower the rear end as well), and then hard or spring mount a little Bobber seat down on the frame up against the rear fender. I'm sure within 6 months someone will have a bolt-on kit to allow you to swap on a Harley Sportster gas tank, and you'll have plenty of these hip looking little Bobbers running about.

It looks like is has some good technology in it, and a lot of quality parts and ideas in the design.

I for one like it, and it's one of the first new motorcycles I've seen that I would seriously consider buying.

Comment

Looks good with ape hangers

Comment

Love it, that's gorgeous!
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Reminiscent of the 1930's single saddle hard tails. Always loved that look.
            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Looks like the fender itself makes it (near enough) to the 45 degree mark that you can do away with the plate mount and bolt it straight to the metal.

With 1200cc they will be usefully quick too.
              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
                Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
                BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

I predict they will sell well

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                    Looks like the fender itself makes it (near enough) to the 45 degree mark that you can do away with the plate mount and bolt it straight to the metal.
                    Remember they've updated the ADRs and change the rules regarding the rear fender and 45 degree rule ;-)

Comment

mint looking bike !

hmmm gunna have to buy an extra for the missus

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
                        Remember they've updated the ADRs and change the rules regarding the rear fender and 45 degree rule ;-)
                        It still has to reach 45 degrees though.
                        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Apparently pricing and delivery details will be released in December

Comment

Hope its not in the same ball park as the new Nortons.
                            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

That is probably the best factory bobber or custom style bike to be released in forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X