Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason's CX500 cafe project

Hey guys and girls

I have been on the forum for a while now, layed low... 12 months went by and i got my R licence which opened up the door to a few more options as far as bikes went. I was thinking sports bike and then i stumbled across an old cx500 for sale on this forum and based on the Wrench Monkeys CX500 which i sore on the net i thought yeah i could make this bike cool...

so i picked the bike up, interesting journey home thanks dave_p for assistance!

basically the bike ran and still runs now, goes fairly well... had a few parts off, cleaned a few things and worked out a little what im going to do.

i pulled the standard exhaust off and was a fair bit of rust around the collector... no dramas ill do what i do best and make it loud so my first mod was off to get some 1.5" tube and some 90 bends and make some new pipes using the existing headers = new loud exhaust which i have now painted black

the idea for the bike is
    -clip on handlebars
    -different mastercylinder, levers ect
    -lose the bulky rear section and incorporate a single seat
    -lose the air box and get some pod filters straight off the carbys
    -rebuild carbys
    -fix brakes
    -replace tyres
    -general freshen up
    -lose as much junk as i can
    -hide as much junk as i can
    -replace front end light ect...

i want to build it and keep riding at the same time so im gonna keep modifying to how i like it then ill strip and paint/powdercoat what i need to

i will try to keep you all posted as to my progress

thanks all

link to flickr photos below

Flickr: jasonbondi's Photostream
    Bondij
    Inactive Member
    Last edited by Bondij; 19-03-2011, 08:43 PM.

nice another cafe build
    looks pretty decent condition as is.
    look forward to what you have planned.

Comment

thanks! i have 2 projects on the go, the other is a 260z which is receiving pretty much everything it can with an rb25det at the heart, this shall be a fun one though!

Comment

cool bike j, you don't see too many of these on the roads. should make for a cool custom!

Comment

got a link to your 260z build? ive always wanted to build one up!
          Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Awesome dude.

Just do some serious research before you rape the airbox

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
            Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

I reckon with that exhaust you scared that xr8 that pulled up next to us

Comment

Originally posted by chee View Post
                got a link to your 260z build? ive always wanted to build one up!
                RB25DET 260 2+2 now on facebook instead

unfortunately been at a stand still for last year and a bit but due to some work changes is set to be back underway this year

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore View Post
                  Awesome dude.

Just do some serious research before you rape the airbox

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                  thanks, will look into it mate

Comment

Originally posted by dave_p View Post
                    I reckon with that exhaust you scared that xr8 that pulled up next to us
                    haha i reckon i scared a few ppl in mt lawley last night too

Comment

Bike looks good mate.

They done a build of one of these on the last few episodes of cafe racers
                      Current Rides
                      '68 G15 Matchless 750
                      '82 Suzuki GSX 250 Café

Comment

I guess the good thing about modding a CX500 is whatever you do to it, it'll look better than when you started.
                        Doug

Comment

Hey mate I've got the LH side cover and a workshop manual you can have, I forgot I had one and found it under the coffee table this weekend.
                          Let me know when you're free and we'll meet up, i'm keen to hear the noise she makes now
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

thanks for the comments guys!

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                            Hey mate I've got the LH side cover and a workshop manual you can have, I forgot I had one and found it under the coffee table this weekend.
                            Let me know when you're free and we'll meet up, i'm keen to hear the noise she makes now
                            ah sweet, sounds good mate... im free most the time, i start work again next week so what would suit you mate?

cheers

Comment

G'day Mate,
                              I also watched the episode of Cafe racer and the final product was surprisingly cooool. He did a really good job
                              Best of luck with the build.
                              Wounds Heal, Bones Mend, Chicks Dig Scars and Glory Lasts Forever...

Comment

Working...
                              X