Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hewies Daily R1 Rebuild

Soooooo long time no see.

Its been awhile since I turned out a new project bike and with my SBK R1 almost complete Ive started to feel that addiction take hold again.

I currently have 2 bikes on the go ... I'm rebuilding my daily ride annnd another one which I'll build in another thread. ^_^

Anyway ... Im going to start documenting the rebuild of my 05 R1 (the daily) here.

Soooo here we goooo
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Oh I am looking forward to this. You've been too quiet.
    Originally posted by Abuse this
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

in

Comment

Spying over the fence...............
        Real Men Ride Nakid
        http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

I think you meant to say R7.

Good to see you back in the fray.
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Pics.

Comment

Pics soon ... Along with some details

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

Ok ... a bit of background

Back in about 2008 my beloved 2004 Lava Red (then) R1 blew out the something in the electrics and refused to come back to life. With a wedding looming and a heap of things on I didnt have time to comtemplate fixing it ... so I convinced the wife that I should just buy another bike so she didnt have to take me to work everyday . She agreed, so I went in search of another R1.

I ended up purchasing TurboR1's black 2005 from him in basically stock trim. The bike still had braided lines on it and that was about it. The bike was in fair condition .. it had a great engine in it .... but had been ridden and ridden hard. I didnt mind as I knew Turbo always looked after his bikes and it had been serviced by Kamahl from Ktec so it was mechanically perfect ... it just had a few bumps and scraps on it and it showed in places.

Again ... I had plans for it so I didnt mind so much.

Due to a lack of time we started the work with just setting the bike up to how I like them to run/ride. Nothing against anyone else but I like my bikes to run a particular way.

It covered some of the basic servicing considerations for when you get a new bike. (oil/filter, air filter, velocity stacks etc)

Standard Velocity Stacks

Yummy Billet Factory Pro Velocity Stacks

I then rode the bike for the next 3 years as my daily ... this added to the wear and tear .. particuarly as I treated it as a daily.

I also used the bike as a reference and basis for fabricating some of the parts etc for the SBK R1 project .... this just increased the overall wear.

As you can see ... after 2 years of solid daily use .. the bike needs a bit of love.

Comment

subscribed.
                    Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln.
                    The problem with quotes on the Internet, is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.

Comment

This will be good to see, subscribed
                      sigpic

Make sure you do what it says

Comment

Originally posted by Hewie View Post

I then rode the bike for the next 3 years as my daily ... this added to the wear and tear .. particuarly as I treated it as a daily.

I also used the bike as a reference and basis for fabricating some of the parts etc for the SBK R1 project .... this just increased the overall wear.

As you can see ... after 2 years of solid daily use .. the bike needs a bit of love.

Well you must have taken some care of it to avoid having those bits of string fall off all that time
                        Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

For those of you interested, there is a button in the "Thread tools" drop down in the upper right corner of the screen that allows you to click "Subscribe to thread" without have to add a "Subscribed" post to the thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ahhh, thanks XSorXpire!

Comment

Working...
                              X