Jed's ZXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jed's ZXR

Haven't really shown you guys my build yet. So here's some progress pics.

How it started - version 1

Version 2

Version 3 - How it sits now. Although since these pics I have lowered the head light and put on ZX9 reservoirs.

Last edited by Jed; 12-04-2011, 09:51 AM.

Niiiiiiice!
    Splling n grammaz rebel fo lyfe. Wotevs homoez.

Comment

good job !!
      did the same with my 92-J2.. found a good compromise between stability in corners and manoeuvrability in city traffic ( not a strenght for this bike ..)
      did you do the exhaust boot yourself ? It is a bit sharp comparing to the whole bike line . but still well done, clean job !!

Comment

Good work with the belly pan and the frame... Must be a lot of work to keep shiny...
        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Originally posted by RdP View Post
          Good work with the belly pan and the frame... Must be a lot of work to keep shiny...
          Thank's mate. It's not too bad to keep shiny. Only an extra 10 minutes or so when you wash it.

I'm really happy with the belly pan. It's a hand made job out of alloy. I didn't want an aftermarket off the shelf one (if you can find one for this model). i wanted something different from what others might have.

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
            I'm really happy with the belly pan. It's a hand made job out of alloy.
            well done

out of alloy ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
              I'm really happy with the belly pan. It's a hand made job out of alloy.
              Originally posted by Pete750 View Post
              well done

out of alloy ??
              Yeah, +1...

I never even realised.. How does that work out for you?
              c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Originally posted by RdP View Post
                Yeah, +1...

I never even realised.. How does that work out for you?
                I was going to make up a fibreglass one but a good mate of mine does metal fabrication work and bent it up for me. Then tigged together. Lots of skim coats and plenty of sanding and elbow grease. Can't remember how many hours went into it. End result is a very light, strong piece. Even makes the bike sound different. The headers and exhaust must resonate through it.

Comment

first time I hear about one made in metal , yeah I can believe that it took a lot of time to make it ..
                  well the fiber glass ones are not easy to make neither

Comment

Hey Jed were you suprised at how much the headlights and brackets on the stocker weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
                      Hey Jed were you suprised at how much the headlights and brackets on the stocker weigh?
                      Yer mate. As i took all the pieces off i weighed them. All the fairings, headlights, brackets, mirrors etc. The bike lost just under 20kg.

Comment

New addition this weekend.

Comment

Awesome job! but what about the baby that stacked her trike?????????
                          I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Wow. This looks awesome! Great build. My hat's off to you for the Belly Pan- although quite sharp- it's quite beautiful!
                            I like how the pillion seat is decent too it's not a postage stamp sized thing like the new ones have...

Comment

Great job with the exhaust man. Looks really good. I bet its really loud now. I want something similar on my bike, but don't want to make it too loud, or even slightly loud. Where did you get the job done?

Comment

Working...
                              X