ZX7R track bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX7R track bike

I Have been building up a ZX7R track bike. Started out as a standard run of the ZX7R .
    Not one of the fastest bikes around but still good fun

The bike as it started

Standard ZX7R
    Attached Files

Comment

Some of the modifications

Some of the modifications have have been done to the bike. Ohlins re-manufactured front forks, Ohlins rear shock, Ohlins steering dampener, Brembo superbike brake up grade kit with full floating discs and billet machined calipers. Also fitted the Brembo radial brake and clutch master cylinders braided brake lines, Franks racing adjustable offset triple clamps, adjustable clip ons, K&N air filter, Brisk plugs, Approvic full competition exhaust, Vortex resets, new chain and sprockets, BT003 tires, XT Lap timer. I think thats it so far.
      Will have to re size my pics as they are too big to upload

Comment

Some pics of the ZX7R

A few pics
        Attached Files

Comment

With all those upgrades looks like this is going to be a very special bike!

Comment

more pics

more pics
            Attached Files

Comment

Great Bike, Great Start.
              I love a good 750 and a mate had one of these new.
              The Ram Air induction roar was impressive back then and those Kwaka's used to sound the bizz with a decent system.
              Cheer's and Best of Luck with the bike and the trackdays.
              Wounds Heal, Bones Mend, Chicks Dig Scars and Glory Lasts Forever...

Comment

Hey Benno, thanks for the support. I have all ready a track day on it, a bit of a sorting out day. Had a few isssues i had to sort out, the engine had a miss, the jetting was wrong, the brakes need new pads. But was happy to run 70sec laps first time out.
                The fairing is in being painted at the moment, so hoping to get to the next track day 14th May

Comment

Have you sorted the air valve that feeds the carb bowls? This causes jeting issues and is the reason thay have around a 200 mainjet. Get rid of it and run around 165 it will be smoother and pull heaps harder. If your keep your eyes open you maybe able to frind some kit cams for it, this really changes them.

MM

Comment

Hey Marty
                    Yeah all ready done the air valve mod. And installed a factory Pro jetting kit. What sort of kits are you talking about for the cams ?

Comment

edit double post
                      Last edited by Marty MOOSE; 18-04-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

You can get kit cams or after market cams with more lift and duration, they also have slotted cam gears. These realy bring these bikes to life. I was looking for a set from my ZXR but only found a few to suit ZX7r's a while back. Have a search around the net and find some, it looks like you have already put in a good effort. On the aussie kwaka forum there were a few guys stock piling parts for these maybe worth a look also.

MM

ps love the clamps

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
                          Have you sorted the air valve that feeds the carb bowls? This causes jeting issues and is the reason thay have around a 200 mainjet. Get rid of it and run around 165 it will be smoother and pull heaps harder. If your keep your eyes open you maybe able to frind some kit cams for it, this really changes them.

MM
                          Please tell me more of this "air valve that feeds the carb bowls" issue. I am looking at doing carbs in the near future and would like to know how this is done. I have a 93 ZXR. pretty sure the setup is pretty much the same.

Cheers, Jed

Comment

I'll get a link for you be right back

Comment

Here the website has some good tips too and some not so good Go to tech tips and carb vent. this majes a big difference to your bike too, but you must use smaller mains.

Andy's ZXR750R Site

MM

Comment

Working...
                              X