Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new purchase, who knows anything about Benelli Tornados?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new purchase, who knows anything about Benelli Tornados?

My newest purchase, you may have seen it on GumTree 1971 Benelli Tornado 650
    Ex historic racer, and has been tickled a bit. Ill be putting it back on the road

Anyone know much about them, there is not much info I can find besides road tests and parts dont seem easy to come by

Ive been lead to believe only 6 or 7 came into Australia back in the day

Last edited by lcgtr; 30-04-2011, 09:16 PM.

Got no info for ya...but fucking niiice!
    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Must have spent all ur money cos you only have one shoe

very nice bike btw
      "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

That is one sweet looking bike
        Motorbikes run on fire and air. Its elemental -Matt Kelly

Comment

take that front fairing off and leave as is...amazing.

Comment

Holy crap that looks cool!!!

Comment

I'm in love
              That is one stunning bike. I beg of you not to change the paint colour- it's beautiful!
              Great find- hopefully you can dig up some info on them!

Comment

Its looks as if Benellis trademark colour is this sort of green so Ill be keeping it
                The windscreen will make way for the original hedlight.

Some others Ive found on the net below

Comment

Awesome looking machine and i bet it sounds horn too!

Comment

Comment

THANK YOU for keeping the green!
                      I just noticed- what's up with like the second or third photo and the person with only one shoe on (and no sock as well....)??
                      Good find- and the fact you found photos means someone will know something about them.....so good luck!

Comment

saw this bike at the vintage jumble, very nice, not sure if it was a racer or done up to look like one, is it lockwired or do you have history?
                        There are two questions in life.
                        1:Which way do I go
                        2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Nice one ! Nathan knows a thing or two about Benelli's.
                          Understand the one shoe thing,
                          I too can be found wondering around the shed in one boot at times.
                          It's what happens when you own a kicker and your doing a bit of work to them .

Comment

Originally posted by duc13 View Post
                            Nice one ! Nathan knows a thing or two about Benelli's.
                            Understand the one shoe thing,
                            I too can be found wondering around the shed in one boot at times.
                            It's what happens when you own a kicker and your doing a bit of work to them .
                            These guys are spoilt with that small electric motor.

Comment

This one actually has electric start which is advanced for 71 ( especially considering the 4LS front brake) and it worked very well according to road tests for the day (unlike the 'kick assist' one for the 75 mk3 Commando) but its in a box somewhere apparently

Was set up as a vintage racer by the previous previous owner.
                              Previous owner is a racer and brought it to race but found his 500 Suzuki was faster and since he had something like 30+ Suzukis there he decided to keep going with them

From all reports these things were built very well in their day but over engineered and therefore quite heavy

Comment

Working...
                              X