TRX 850 Trixxie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRX 850 Trixxie :)

Ok this is not going to be a huge replate every nut rebuild type project just a set up how I like more or less.

First up the bike (pics to follow) Its a 1999 TRX 850 in Black as the previous owner stated in his add it was a mistress so it came needing service and a tidy up. The first hurdle was the rear shock not rebounding the adjuster was seized this was fixed on the spot at his house GREAT. Next up the ride home a few things stood out FUN ENGINE levers too high for me, suspension really soft, soft tyres 15 psi ^_^WAY over geared so this

it was chucked and a 16 put on first day along with oil and filter, plugs tappit check and a lube.

Next up is suspension the rear what to do! With limited $$ overhaul the stock one revalve with a new spring, after market $$$$ or fit another one from another bike so in steps this

07 R6 shock with an ohlins stack in it Thanks Black FZR

Then I needed one of these an adapter to get it to the right length

Quick test on the kitchen floor Going to fit it later tonight then ponder the front end. It a damper rod fork not my favourite so I'm on the hunt for another set of right way up forks, its a bit hard as they are only 41mm so will see what I can find. Not keen on USD as it will ruin the look but hey you never know. Engine MMM FCR's, Over racing cams and maybe a set of rings MMMWWWAAAAA

MM

actually, they look really good with USD forks. A dude on the TRX forum I used to frequent when I had mine had an absolute mental one in KR Marlborough colours with all kinds of goodies.

here it is!

Can you help with foster care?
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Yeh I can see it, but don't like the swing arm swaps 180 tyres different fairings it looses it for me but it does look very nicley done. What can you tell me about your TRX Mr Explosion ?? Any stories good bad or ugly ?

Comment

I absolutly love these, sound sex and just have a charming look.
        Never owned one yet, on the list of desirables.
        There is one that sometimes i see at the Kalamunda pub.
        Deep red fading to black at the back.
        It looks sooo beutifule, its screams ride me.
        I look farward to seeing what you do marty with interset.
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

Ok update time already its been an hour or so

Bike on stands so shock can come out few people have asked me over the years how to do this now you can see there are more hight tech ways but this easy on your own and low budget just like my TRX will be.

Least I'm not using the screw driver as a punch

Old shock

Comparo

New shock in top bolt loose

Bottoms up my extensive bolt collection was not so extensive off to the bolt shop tomorrow

Nother one just cause I'm playing with images.

Ride report and set up to follow.
          MM

Comment

Trixxy :'(

btw, all those scrapes on the mirrors are not caused by splitting. Just in case you noticed them.
            Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex View Post
              Trixxy :'(

btw, all those scrapes on the mirrors are not caused by splitting. Just in case you noticed them.
              LOL its nice and narrow for spiliting Buggers have not sent me the rego papers yet I've paid but no cigar. Howz the R1 used to it yet, do yo miss the TRX

MM

Comment

You should be able to get a print out at the office

Comment

I am interested to see how it all goes, I have many plans for my TRX but to lack of funds/skills/other commitments is holding me back. IMO USD forks look good with the bikini fairing off, but that requires a fair few other changes.

Comment

FCR's on the way WHHOOO Bolt on 7-10 hp from what I've read. Next the forks man they are a drama I just hate damper rod forks. The rear shock is pretty good so far the bike is a bit higher in the rear so steers a bit faster which I like but it does make the front feel soft and wallow. More updates to come! Did I say the TRX is just fun to ride with an extra 7 or so hp its going to be a blast.

MM

Comment

whats the stroke length on the r6 shock? have you lost suspension movement from the original shock?

Comment

Did you receive the transfer of vehicle licence invoice? You should have got it around the 14th. The seller's copy for the R1 arrived then so there shouldn't be any different. I'm enjoying the R1, will spend some moneys on it a bit later but it isn't in need of much as it is. Just some worn out parts.
                        Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by clockworked View Post
                          whats the stroke length on the r6 shock? have you lost suspension movement from the original shock?
                          Yep a little but I can live with that as the spring and valving are closer to my needs. Its gained 10mm in ride height whhich it needed aswell.

MM

Comment

from an engineering point of view, i hope the new spring is stiffer than the old one otherwise you might end up bottoming out the suspension going over anything bigger than bees snot.

Comment

1kgmm enough from an engineering point of view! There is less travel loss than the picture shows. The bike rides much better.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X