No announcement yet.

CB250N - Yes another CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost finished stripping the frame. never again will I be such a tightass, next bike is going to the blasters.

just a quick update, called the DPI just to double check that my frame will be fine as when I moved it one of the numbers was scuffed off the VIN plate.

They said it will be fine as they will cross reference it with the engine number

Comment

All excess tabs cut off, completely stripped back, Etch primed and surface primed. Ready for Chassis paint

I was getting out the other bits and pieces to strip and paint next and found this, anyone know what this is? Ive gone over my other bike and can't seem to find it?

Comment

Coated 3 times, rubbed back with some wet and dry and coated again twice. It is a semi gloss chassis paint. Has turned out exactly as I hoped.

Comment

Do you rub it wet or dry? Loaded question I know, but legitimate Was never good at paint stuff.
          http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

I actually rubbed it dry, just to get off a few lumps, and 1 drip. Because I put about 3 coats of etch on it and 2 of primer it was already pretty thick, and all the paint is the same brand so it turned out very well.

The Chassis paint is strange... As I spray it on (25cm away, following the lines with smooth spray) it bubbles up and goes lighter, then when it cures it is a really nice semi gloss black, rough look but the paint is smooth.

I quite like it. By the way im not good at paint stuff either, just read alot

Comment

Nice paint work bud.... Is it going back together yet? Is it time to go for a ride yet?
              BURN RUBBER, NOT YOUR SOUL

Comment

Originally posted by Blu3y_666 View Post
                Nice paint work bud.... Is it going back together yet? Is it time to go for a ride yet?
                Thanks mate, and naaah... I wish. Have only just finished the swing arm, stripped back the stand and the foot peg brackets, which hopefully should go on next week - with the rear suspension if I'm lucky.

2 things I don't have at the moment are money and time. exactly what I need to finish it but I'm still slowly getting through it.

Comment

Have been ticking along slowly at these.

$8 for my spring compression tool. 2 big bolts, 2 nuts, 4 washers & 4 S bends. Bent the S bends to face away from themselves and bent the other end around the bolt so it couldnt come off. Grinded 2 of the s bends shorter, to be able to fit inside the coil.

After painting

1 more to go

Comment

Good stuff Vosy, looking forward to next installment.

Himalayan Heroes W E B S I T E , F A C E B O O K

Perth Cafe Racers F A C E B O O K

Comment

Going to be following your thread with interest Vosy as I'm doing a Honda CD250 ( which I've posted in this forum ) with the same kind of restrictions ie; no experience, not a lot of time, not a lot of money but a whole lotta love to give it, it's my Zen time bike.

I'm going to Brat mine but like Vbroom said I'm going to get it through a Blue Slip inspection first as standard for rego then go to town.

What did you do to clean the motor like that mate, looks good and my bikes got heaps of rust.

Good luck with it mate.

Comment

Cheers Rex

Stompbox I have seen your CD250 thread, I am watching with a keen eye but as you know the pics in this forum have been a bit dodgey as of late, so I cant see half of them, but good to see your making some progress to.

To clean the motor, from the top:

Koala Degreaser & water solution wiped down with a rag (and plenty of towels underneath to catch the mess)
                        A toothbrush sized wire brush, and an actual old toothbrush aswell with plenty more degreaser solution,
                        Nylon wheel in my drill, and plenty more scrubbing with the wire brush for those hard to get areas
                        Soda blasting (home made style) about 3 hours worth of soda blasting to get into the impossible to reach places.
                        Very thorough clean up with turps & plenty of rags.
                        Then a going over with a toothbrush and rags with "Ali Brite" its a acid based aluminium cleaner, this stuff is brilliant but be careful not to get it on your skin, or to breathe to much as it will knock you for 6.

Then I painted it

So basically alot of scrubbing! It will come good in the end.

Comment

And this is what Im up to so far (yes it is dusty, its a very dusty workshop)

Sorry about the blurry photos.

Next up after this is what I have been avoiding, as I know it will cost money.
                          Need to rebuild the front forks, and strip down the rims and put some new tyres on them.

But I'm glad to see this progress all the same

Comment

Ive got one of these ready to rego except for a missing sidecover!
                            Great bike to ride, nice and easy setup and pretty comfy.
                            From what i remember, my 77 250T was a 5 speed. The one i have now is an 81 model and its a 6 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Screamin TE View Post
                              Ive got one of these ready to rego except for a missing sidecover!
                              Great bike to ride, nice and easy setup and pretty comfy.
                              From what i remember, my 77 250T was a 5 speed. The one i have now is an 81 model and its a 6 speed.
                              Might have a spare side cover for you mate, what side is it?

Comment

Right hand. Its the plastic one that covers the battery. Willing to pay

Comment

Working...
                                X