No announcement yet.

CB250N - Yes another CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update, I have been on holidays to try and finish a few things aroung my house and finally to get the keys and move in, so the bike has been on the back burner for the last 2 weeks.

Finished painting the back wheel

And finished the disc for the front wheel

Comment

So my fork seals have arrived at Honda today. About to go pick them up shortly.

It was quite a mission to get my shocks apart as they had obviously never been taken apart before (31 years of build up..)

A bit of a strange surprise to start with - there was no oil in them at all, absolutely nada. So I will be giving them a good clean while there out hopefully some new seals & oil should sort out most of there problems.

As I dont have a manual, does anyone know how much fork oil they take?

Cheers.

-Asked Honda while I was there, 150mls each they reckon.
      Last edited by Vosy; 27-06-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Nice work Vosy, wheels are looking great!!

Comment

Thanks mate

Seals and fresh oil are in the forks now, feels good to still be making progress - even though its very slow.

Might even order in some tyres tomorrow if the minister of finance lets me, Then I would just about have a rolling chassis.

Cant wait

Comment

Small update, rear drum brake

Also came accross this *custom* part which has been made by the previous owner I assume. Its been cut out of black plastic by hand. Pretty roughly.

I want to replace it with metal, but got quoted about $100 locally to get it done, I was hoping for about $40. Anyone know anywhere between Dawesville to Rockingham that could do this for me without the big price tag? Cheers.

Big update coming in the next couple weeks hopefully.

Comment

Looks like part of the cush drive mate. Should be able to pick up another one off eBay pretty cheap. Was there more inside the hub?

Comment

The rear wheel has dampeners in it, this looks like it just holds them in place a little bit more. There is 4 pins as you can see that go through the rear sprocket into the dampeners, and a circlip that goes over the front sprocket to hold it all in.

Ebay has been a little bit fruitless for me actually, as the bikes are old and most of the parts on there come from the UK so postage usually bumps the part price way up.

Still need that cover by any chance?

Comment

I can't be sure now but didnt Rastas have some CB250 N comstar wheels in his workshop, you might be able to get parts from him or get a copy of that inner cover made up at a reasonable price!! I don't want to point out the obvious here but you are planning on replacing that rear sprocket I hope (it's Fu**ed), Im guessing the front is in the same condition, they would ruin a new chain in record time. New sprockets and chain job done. This one of those things you don't cut costs on, replace the lot.
                  Last edited by Tbird tracker; 07-07-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vosy View Post
                    The rear wheel has dampeners in it, this looks like it just holds them in place a little bit more. There is 4 pins as you can see that go through the rear sprocket into the dampeners, and a circlip that goes over the front sprocket to hold it all in.

Ebay has been a little bit fruitless for me actually, as the bikes are old and most of the parts on there come from the UK so postage usually bumps the part price way up.

Still need that cover by any chance?
                    LOL, yeah mate. Work has been busy lately, im working away during the week so i leave early monday morning and im not getting back till late friday afternoon/early evening.

3 weeks time and we are back alongside for a couple of months, we could arrange something for then?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbird tracker View Post
                      I don't want to point out the obvious here but you are planning on replacing that rear sprocket I hope (it's Fu**ed), Im guessing the front is in the same condition, they would ruin a new chain in record time. New sprockets and chain job done. This one of those things you don't cut costs on, replace the lot.
                      It looks worse in the picture, I thought the sprocket was actually ok though, the brown isn't rust its just stained that's all. But I certainly ain't no expert, but thought it had some meat left on it? Waja reckon?

Comment

This dancer has new shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Vosy View Post

This dancer has new shoes
                          Nice tyres man, what are they?

Himalayan Heroes W E B S I T E , F A C E B O O K

Perth Cafe Racers F A C E B O O K

Comment

Kenda k262's. After witch cycles said they couldn't get the tyres that I wanted I said they had creative control. The bloke was wrapped! After some calling around they found these tyres in the right size. Very happy with the amount of help I got from these guys. Free plug for Tony and Brian at witch cycles

Comment

Maybe this is a bit late for you mate, but the best help with parts is to google "parts fiche" and your model.
                              Then you can find parts cheap online of via ebay by number, the same part used by many other models and makes, alternative numbers for the same item, and also it's the best way to find out how something's meant to go together correctly.
                              Eg for yours see parts honda cb250 motorcycles accessories spares replacement oem aftermarket

I think I'll suggest to the mods a sticky explaining to newbies how to find online parts manuals / fiches.

Comment

That's a massive source of info there. cheers for that!

Comment

Working...
                                X