No announcement yet.

CB250N - Yes another CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The black look awesome!! What colour is the tank going to be?
    Subscribed!!

Comment

• Tan green for the tank I reckon. And a word to pay homage to the bikes past

Comment

• Now I always had the idea to put wrap on the exhaust. Originally I was just going to do black, but having a look around there are heaps of colours to choose from. Might end up going with a tan or grey just to.. spice it up a bit.

Comment

• So very slow, but progress has been made. Welding with an Arc welder was extremely painful but I got there in the end.

The pipes curve in around the footpegs to hopefully alleviate some of the heat on the legs. Might need another layer of Wrap but we will see how we go

Comment

• Exhaust looks way cool, good job Vosy.

Comment

• That is all kinds of awesome!

Comment

• Small update, been trying to glass up a rear fender.

I used the OLD tyre, wrapped it in alfoil, greased it up with diesel oil and layed on the glass.

gave it a quick trim and then did a quick test fit.

Since then (2 weeks ago) I have been constantly sanding and filling until I get it fairly well flat & smooth.
                Its going to have a different kind of finish on it anyway, but I wanted a decent base to start with.

Hopefully should be ready for paint by the end of next week

Comment

• Got a bit eager and chucked a coat of paint on, just to see how it was all going ( I still need to mount the rear brake light / number plate bracket )

Its good to see where I need to work on it, as the paint highlights some parts that I couldn't see without it.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will finish the bits and pieces that I need to do before I put the finishing coat on.

Comment

• How's progress mate?
                    Now my old girl is registered I'm going to start a few changes!

Comment

• So I decided to dust this thing off and keep going, after a gap year (or 5).

Finally got it kicked over and running, and discovered very quickly that the top end gaskets needed to be replaced. So that’s what I did!

You can see how brittle the gaskets were....

And that’s what I’m currently up to, hopefully more updates to come more regularly than 5 years apart!
                      Last edited by Vosy; 27-03-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vosy View Post
                        So I decided to dust this thing off and keep going, after a gap year (or 5).

Finally got it kicked over and running, and discovered very quickly that the top end gaskets needed to be replaced. So that’s what I did!

You can see how brittle the gaskets were....

And that’s what I’m currently up to, hopefully more updates to come more regularly than 5 years apart!
                        You need to replace the www with dl in the Dropbox links and they'll show up
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                          You need to replace the www with dl in the Dropbox links and they'll show up
                          Thanks Para, I was wondering why they didn’t show up.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X