X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vosy
    replied
    Originally posted by Para045 View Post
    You need to replace the www with dl in the Dropbox links and they'll show up
    Thanks Para, I was wondering why they didn’t show up.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by Vosy View Post
    So I decided to dust this thing off and keep going, after a gap year (or 5).

Finally got it kicked over and running, and discovered very quickly that the top end gaskets needed to be replaced. So that’s what I did!

You can see how brittle the gaskets were....

And that’s what I’m currently up to, hopefully more updates to come more regularly than 5 years apart!
    You need to replace the www with dl in the Dropbox links and they'll show up

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    So I decided to dust this thing off and keep going, after a gap year (or 5).

Finally got it kicked over and running, and discovered very quickly that the top end gaskets needed to be replaced. So that’s what I did!

You can see how brittle the gaskets were....

And that’s what I’m currently up to, hopefully more updates to come more regularly than 5 years apart!
    Last edited by Vosy; 27-03-2018, 07:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Screamin TE
    replied
    How's progress mate?
    Now my old girl is registered I'm going to start a few changes!

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    Got a bit eager and chucked a coat of paint on, just to see how it was all going ( I still need to mount the rear brake light / number plate bracket )

Its good to see where I need to work on it, as the paint highlights some parts that I couldn't see without it.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will finish the bits and pieces that I need to do before I put the finishing coat on.

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    Small update, been trying to glass up a rear fender.

I used the OLD tyre, wrapped it in alfoil, greased it up with diesel oil and layed on the glass.

gave it a quick trim and then did a quick test fit.

Since then (2 weeks ago) I have been constantly sanding and filling until I get it fairly well flat & smooth.
    Its going to have a different kind of finish on it anyway, but I wanted a decent base to start with.

Hopefully should be ready for paint by the end of next week

Leave a comment:

• N8.
    replied
    That is all kinds of awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Tbird tracker
    replied
    Exhaust looks way cool, good job Vosy.

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    So very slow, but progress has been made. Welding with an Arc welder was extremely painful but I got there in the end.

The pipes curve in around the footpegs to hopefully alleviate some of the heat on the legs. Might need another layer of Wrap but we will see how we go

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    Now I always had the idea to put wrap on the exhaust. Originally I was just going to do black, but having a look around there are heaps of colours to choose from. Might end up going with a tan or grey just to.. spice it up a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    Tan green for the tank I reckon. And a word to pay homage to the bikes past

Leave a comment:

• Wakey
    replied
    The black look awesome!! What colour is the tank going to be?
    Subscribed!!

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    Ok, so the exhaust.

At about the same time I bought the bike, I bought a pipe bender from supercheap. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now there are a couple of tricks to this, but I still couldnt get it.

Fill the pipe full of sand.

Seal the ends.

Apply heat while bending (Yep, just a heat gun straight on it. Its all I have, If I had an oxy im sure it would of worked fine)

And.. Fail #1.

Second attempt, a little bit slower and a little bit longer with the heat.

And thats where I gave up and went to the local exhaust shop. He ordered me the bends I needed.

So for the next coupel weeks I will be slowly putting the exhaust together. Will update when I make some real progress.

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    Cleaning bits and pieces getting ready for the exhaust. There seems to be a constant reminder of how bad this bike was neglected before I got it.

obligatory before and after pic.

Leave a comment:

• Vosy
    replied
    Carbies cleaned and mounted (might soda blast them later) and rubber inlets have been soaked in rejuvinating spray.

Test fitted the air filter and bracket I made, pretty happy with them So apart from oiling it I think I will leave it how it sits at the moment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X