• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give Kamahl a call mate K-Tec Racing
    my pics

Comment

• Quick question-
      I am going to replace the float needles... When they arrive (they sent me one instead of a pack of six)
      If I get Ktec to do a tune up before I install the new float needles, will it be messed up when I replace them? Or should it be ok?
      Will I mess up the float levels by replacing the needles ???

Comment

• You're going to be taking the carbs off and you'll have to check the float heights after replacing the needles.
        I'd be doing that before I tuned the bike.

Comment

• Then I shall wait to have her tuned/cam chain replaced until after I have swapped the needles out. They were shipped yesterday (the needles) so shouldn't be too far away I guess...

Comment

• Update- Yes. This is still going.
            Valve clearances and timing chain done. She runs sweet. Besides the shitty battery. New clutch cable from HEL coming soon.
            Question- can I rebuild, or at least service, the rear shock? I have a spare I want to sort out and swap in.
            Also if I wanted to get the Ali wheels back to their mirror outer, matte inner glory, how would I do that?
            Pics! (After servicing the cooling system, hence semi naked)

Edit- I have a spare set of wheels I can mess with then swap on once they're shiny/ birds try stealing them. Stupid birds.
            Last edited by SIKYSA; 07-05-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Looking good Sikysa - nice set of OEM mufflers there. I have a set that need cleaning up and installing, luckily they are in pretty good condition too. Hey If you need/want a gearsack rack to suit your 1988-90 ZX10 let me know, as they can be handy for overnight trips etc. I have a spare one I wont be using (I have two of them).

Getting the rims glass bead blasted is a good option to get them cleaned up. I painted one of my 1990's rims gloss black and have never regretted it. I know it's not correct like the originals came out but in my opinion its looks better and is easier to keep clean - win win

Comment

• Thanks for the offer but I have a gear rack as well! Just not installed right now.
                I might get the spare set of rims blasted and polished. I'd imagine black would be heaps easier to clean but want to stick with original look as much as I can. I went at the bike with a dremel and sanding then a bit of polish and they look much better. But will be a lot of work to get them mirrored again. I have another week off so will hit them up over the coming days.
                Still drips a tiny amount of oil from below the water pump... Even after ripping it out and replacing all o rings. Next step would be the left hand engine cover below the sprocket cover... Which I need to replace as it's damaged anyway (threw a chain at some point and smashed the top part off). Figure maybe it needs a new gasket. But not high on priority list right now.

We keep you posted on the progress. Still wanting to rebuild the shock too, if anyone has any pointers. How do I tag martymoose? Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by SIKYSA View Post
                  Thanks for the offer but I have a gear rack as well! Just not installed right now.
                  I might get the spare set of rims blasted and polished. I'd imagine black would be heaps easier to clean but want to stick with original look as much as I can. I went at the bike with a dremel and sanding then a bit of polish and they look much better. But will be a lot of work to get them mirrored again. I have another week off so will hit them up over the coming days.
                  Still drips a tiny amount of oil from below the water pump... Even after ripping it out and replacing all o rings. Next step would be the left hand engine cover below the sprocket cover... Which I need to replace as it's damaged anyway (threw a chain at some point and smashed the top part off). Figure maybe it needs a new gasket. But not high on priority list right now.

We keep you posted on the progress. Still wanting to rebuild the shock too, if anyone has any pointers. How do I tag martymoose? Heh.
                  [MENTION=14086]martymoose[/MENTION]

...there you go!

Comment

• Thanks!
                    I've given up polishing my wheels. Too hard.
                    Going to get my spare set refurbed and polished.

It does work, but not as good as I like. So biting the bullet and getting them professionally done. Anyone have any suggestions for businesses east of Perth?

Comment

• Hi guys I need to get my hands on some parts, i have a 88 B1 just little things. best to meet and have a chat maybe about these bikes

looking for main fuse holder near the rear brake master cylinder, a couple plastic brackets etc, original right side muffler

Comment

• It's been a while. I'm still slowly working on it and ride it every month or so.
                        It's starting leaking fuel from the two little pipes hanging from the carbs not attached to anything.
                        What are they for, should they be attached to something?
                        It did this after filling the tank yesterday. First time ever, I've filled the tank plenty of times before.
                        All help appreciated!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ok, scrap the entire project.
                          I'm about to buy a house. Project is on hold. Also on hold because a god damned engine mount is broken and I'll need to strip and repair it.
                          This is probably the excuse I've been looking for to do a complete engine rebuild- I have a spare engine I will tear down and repair, with the idea of putting it into the bike once the engine mount has been repaired. It will also give me time to strip everything down properly and repair the little things that have been annoying me (ie- front fork springs, rear shock rebuild- of which I also have a spare!) as well as other bits and pieces.

So, this project is halted for the foreseeable future. I will start another project in due course (within 6 month), focusing on getting the ENTIRE bike back to showroom condition.

Comment

Working...
                          X