No announcement yet.

Ducati 1098S Track Bike..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful. Very good attention to detail. I thought wrapping the exhaust was a big no-no due to the huge heat it creates inside the exhaust?
    2012 Suzuki GSX-R600 Black with Lowered Seat, Rad Guard, R&G Frame Sliders, Hel Braided Lines, Vortex Rearsets
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEL...FK0eXmo3exQB_Q

Comment

• It's far better keeping the heat in the exhaust and channeling it out the back than letting it back into the engine, or cooking the oil in the rear shock, or setting the fairings on fire, or burning/fatiguing the rider.

It also promotes higher/more efficient flow of exhaust gasses. Which in turn gives more power.

This is why nearly every race car, or industrial machinery has some form of exhaust lagging or ceramic coating.

A less common but still handy thing with lagging happened on my race bike where I had an oil leak and the lagging soaked it up, rather than it going onto the track and my rear tyre.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
        an oil leak

And being a Ducati.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Very Nice 👍👍

Comment

Working...
          X