• Show
Clear All

Getting there boss !

Comment

Mmm shiney!

Comment

Gorgeous! I'll subscribe as soon as I find a way to

Comment

Well, when the weather calmed down some, I got around to doing some more on the frame. Heres where we are at for the moment.

Comment

Lookin good scara!
            Originally posted by Rich...
            You got me in trouble...

Comment

Got around to doing some engine work last weekend. Started with the engine cases that I want to sparkle with glam before tearing it down for an inspection, new parts, block blasting and repainting

Pictures arent too flattering as they were taken inside the workshop and at night

Comment

It looked awesome as it was, now it's on it's way to being EPIC!!

Love it. I want.

Hurry up man, hurry up!!!

Comment

Got some more of the engine done today.

Alternator and Sprocket covers all but finished.

Next phase, marry up the swingarm to the frame and then prepare engine for strip down, engine upgrades and painting See you back here with some more shots..

Comment

Apologises for the delay in pictures and progress. Have been working to pay for my habit

Here is the New triple tree I have concocted a 1988 Stem into a K9 lower. This will allow for upgraded forks, calipers, steering damper etc and not lose a nights sleep over whether or not it will hold together. The only thing missing here in the picture is the centre mast which needs to be welded to match the steering stops on the frame to the lower triple

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Scaramouche; 05-09-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Love your work is it a big job fitting the swing arm or simply bolt on??

Comment

Originally posted by collie View Post
                        Love your work is it a big job fitting the swing arm or simply bolt on??

Not a big job when you have the correct part no. This one I bought from the UK was already suited to this frame. If I was going to go with the other options I considered being a 750 K9 or Bandit 1250 swinger, then yes, it would have surmounted to a much bigger exercise as I would have lost so much of the original bike in part, to make room for the over brace on the K9 swingarm, or shockie styles and options with the Bandit Swinger. Although the 1250 swingarm worked best with the original superbike under slung caliper, it did not work appropriately with the K9. So much to take into consideration when you change things around. I could have easily gone with the K9 and removed half the bike and made it look like a street fighter, but thats what Im about here. More to the point my aim is to update to modern parts, and retain the tradition of a 25 yr old vintage ride, simply bring it into the 21st century and make it more potent than what it was. They were already a good engine, but with poor handling and the suspension was something that resembled a yank tank, which let the entire bikes handling and performance down. That will no longer be an issue when I'm done with it, I hope This as the same bike I used on an early PSB run in the hills and broke my clavical and rode home 93kms as damaged goods. We have history, that is all......

Comment

Updates [MENTION=9732]Scaramouche[/MENTION] ?

Comment

I know its been a while, but I have spent time gathering some parts for the build. Here are a few of the goodies I have collected.

Vortex Top Oiler end Kit; Ape Cam Chain Tensioner; Full gasket set; APE, HD Valve Springs; APE HD Chrome Moly rolled studs and nuts; new muffler with carbon 4" tip; an RGV Dash Cluster assembly for a third gauge; a new gauge to fill the extra hole; and a chest full of other stuff just waiting to be put on the bike. Will get around to posting some pictures towards the end of the month when I have made suitable progress on the frame modifications and started hanging a few things to make it more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Frame is close to being ready too.

Comment

My lord....... Wheres my razor hahaha

Comment

Looks as though you have a great selection of parts coming together Scara, looking forward to seeing them all come together.

Comment

Working...
                                X