No announcement yet.

Classic 1100 J Last of The Slabbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another piece of the long awaited engine package arrived yesterday. Only been 3 months ffs

A pair of ST2 Cams specifivc for the 1100 slabbie motor, long wait for sure, but will be well worth it in the end.

Comment

Final engine pieces arrived last week. The Long awaited Yoshi Valve Spring Kit. Comes with Titanium Retainers, Cotters 48 piece shim kit and springs of course.

Motor is back together, cams dialed in perfectly.

Refitting into frame will take place this weekend coming. On the road to a visual picture now, yeah !!

The saliva is drooling and swirling in my mouth now - lololol. We're getting that much closer.

A great feeling. Still have a long way to go though. After the motor goes in, its wiring, electronic timing, instruments, instrument brackets, new ignition barrel, locating the rear wheel, axle spacers to be made, new chain and sprockets, fit up of all the odds and sods, full extended braided brake lines front and rear, then onto the dreaded body panels for massaging and colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaramouche View Post
        Final engine pieces arrived last week. The Long awaited Yoshi Valve Spring Kit. Comes with Titanium Retainers, Cotters 48 piece shim kit and springs of course.

Motor is back together, cams dialed in perfectly.

Refitting into frame will take place this weekend coming. On the road to a visual picture now, yeah !!

The saliva is drooling and swirling in my mouth now - lololol. We're getting that much closer.

A great feeling. Still have a long way to go though. After the motor goes in, its wiring, electronic timing, instruments, instrument brackets, new ignition barrel, locating the rear wheel, axle spacers to be made, new chain and sprockets, fit up of all the odds and sods, full extended braided brake lines front and rear, then onto the dreaded body panels for massaging and colour.

what valve timing did you use?

Comment

Sent the motor off to Neil Anderson to give it a once over to ensure everything is everything. Looking for 105 / 105 lobe centres. He is checking all the work performed before install. Feel better that another pair of experienced eyes are looking. While thats happening, I spent the time drawing up some sketches, headed off to see my mate John, formerly of Draggett Engineering and got him to spin up some parts to mate the 2009 back wheel to the 1987 JMC Swinger properly.

Using a std 20mm Rear axle spindle (Original ), 3 new 20mm bearings, the factory underslung rear brake caliper and a bit of panache'. it looks like this.

Just need to pull it all down again, send it of to the powdercoaters, painters and do a rebuild kit on the caliper, and that end is taken care of. All good.

Next please

Comment

Love those white wheels...was thinking of getting mine done but thought fuck it I wanna new guitar
            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by antonn View Post
              what valve timing did you use?
              in: 23 /47 @ 102

ex: 47 /16 @ 105.5

Comment

Started to install today. All I can say is its a bastard to line up by yourself.

Comment

Motor is finally in properly and bolted down. Wouldn't wish it on anyone to do it alone - - Can get about doing the other shit now

Comment

That's an awesome looking motor. If I got lucky at Lotto I'd get the Bandit's motor done in blue with the same silver trimmings.

Comment

• There is a special kind of intimacy with bikes. I deleted the post. Sorry peeps
                      Last edited by Scaramouche; 18-04-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• I thought something was up with the short headers you had on in the previous post

Seems all is now revealed

Comment

• You definitely aren't doing it by halves. Damn nice job on it
                          Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

• Do I see a flange for a turbo on the end of those headers?
                            Knee down on a giant lobster..

Comment

• I spent 10 hours today attempting to wire up the bike. WHAT WAS I THINKING !!

Nothing to report really. Got about half of it done before I flew off the handle..

At least the coils are fastened down tight -

Comment

• Originally posted by lunar_c View Post
                                Do I see a flange for a turbo on the end of those headers?
                                Would it make too much of a difference to anyone if it were true ?

Comment

Working...
                                X