Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 ZX10R LeMan/Suzuka/Bol D'or Bike Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 ZX10R LeMan/Suzuka/Bol D'or Bike Build.

With my 2011 race bike nearing completion (only a hand full items still to go). I've now decided to shift my attention to my other ZX10R.

A 2012 model it will be converted to LeMan 24hr / Suzuka 8hr endurance style super bike that will remain road registered. Of course with it not need to comply to the GCRs for competition use it opens the doors for more mods that otherwise could not go on the race bike. Rims, forks, calipers,tank, swing arm, brake discs radiator are now all options.

Starting off with an almost stock ZX10R (rear sets, slip on, air filter and quick shifter already fitted). It will undergo a similar transition as the racer, obviously a race ECU and Harness is out of the question. but I have a PCV to go on sitting at home.

As I'm keeping it for the road it will still need to comply to a few basic rules, it will have mirrors, lights and indicators... oh and need to be able to take a pillion.

This build will follow a very similar format as I had before, a gradual build as parts/finances allow to get to the completed goal.
    Last edited by TurboR1; 27-08-2013, 06:29 PM.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Sub'd

Comment

Hello!!!!!!!
      Rest in Peace
      Brother Ryad

Comment

Subscribed!

Comment

looking forward to this!

Comment

Subbed from the beginning of the last build and I love it, definitely subbed for this one!
            "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
            Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

Comment

Go for it mate. I'm not (that) far from Le Mans so if I can provide any links/photos etc more than glad too. Read your race bike build and it was awesome- really looking forward to this one. I'm a mega Suzuki fan and most of my inspiration has come from endurance stuff. ( check out the jomo rep GSXR 1000's)
              Subscribed.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=39533]Angryjock[/MENTION], I have spent a fair bit of time on French websites trying to track down various parts that I may need. So far have located three suppliers of endurance style headlight assemblies that will suit the current ZX10R. Just waiting on them to come back to me with pricing and whether or not they ship to Oz, huge variation in price for the identical item.

Additionally I have been in contact with some of the BSB racing teams in the hope of sourcing a full spec swing arm... But at 8000GBP a piece that is well beyond the scope of this project. So I have begged for any second hand items, but at even 1/2 that cost it will be pushing it. I have also contacted Harris Performance in the UK to see what they can come up with. I got oh so close with this website, but wrong model year if they can come up with one for the current year it will be the way to go. In the mean time I have grabbed a secondhand swing arm from Melbourne which is on its way and when it turns up it will receive a similar treatment as that done to Hewie's R1 swingarm.

The ordering of parts has begun in earnest, and I'll be updating with pics as they turn up.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Harris do some great stuff BUT their service can be shite!! Have you tried contacting MSS Kawasaki? I'm sure a guy I know has a contact with them. They usually sell stuff of at the end of the season but as yours is a 2012 model most items will be current use which = $$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Yep MSS use the same item as PBR, and they have my number too.

Comment

Ok to kick it off in earnest, this is the bike in its current form;

Not too different currently to most ZX10Rs out there.

It's dressed in a set of Chinese fairings, shorty levers, quickshifter, 520 chain, Driven Sprocket and axle adjusters/pickups, a set of oggy knobs, tinted double bubble screen, Yoshi pipe, fender eliminator, GB engine covers, rear sets, high flow air filter and that's pretty much it.

The long and short of it the only things that won't be replaced will be the frame, engine, sub frame, seat pads. Everything else will get swapped out with something... special.

Rather than repeatedly tear the bike down and build it up, I'll update as bits arrive and hope to do one complete build at the end. No doubt I won't be able to have the patience though.

Comment

Going for the single "Suzuka" style round headlight?

EDIT: Like this;

I reckon they look fucking ace.

Comment

Headlights will be the same as the ones used by the world endurance teams;

Ordered from France, just waiting for them to be sent.

Comment

And they have turned up...

Lightning fast shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

Since the bike has gotten rid of its exhaust valve I ordered on of these servo buddies so that I can rip out the exhaust servo and make room for the PCV;

Comment

Some tasty gold bits....

Comment

Working...
                              X