Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-motorcycle/car vehicular projects.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non-motorcycle/car vehicular projects.

    With the amount of awesome motorcycle builds on this forum I'm keen to see other projects you guys have been working on, I'm talking vehicles. Like go karts, off road buggies, boats, aircraft, jet-packs? etc.

    (post photos!)

    I love this shit.

  • #2
    I'll start.

    8 foot, flat hull racing boat. Cost me $100, got it from a work mate who got drunk and swapped his dirt bike for it. It was taking up too much room in his garage and he couldn't afford to fix it.

    When I first got it, check out that totally awesome paint job /sarcasm


    Here we go...



    Comment


    • #3



      Comment


      • #4
        ^ Fuck yeah!!

        Comment


        • #5

          Twin 125 engine go-kart that I'm helping my boss with when work is quiet,
          And I'm converting this under powered kart with a 250 dirt bike engine, so it should go then

          Comment


          • #6


            Rebreather case. First of many projects around this amazing bit of dive gear. Muchos kudos to [MENTION=7947]Creme[/MENTION] for his help with the metalwork in this too.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

            Comment


            • #7
              Is it rusting already?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post


                Rebreather case. First of many projects around this amazing bit of dive gear. Muchos kudos to [MENTION=7947]Creme[/MENTION] for his help with the metalwork in this too.
                Pffft! It's a jetpack, you win.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post

                  Rebreather case. First of many projects around this amazing bit of dive gear. Muchos kudos to [MENTION=7947]Creme[/MENTION] for his help with the metalwork in this too.
                  I don't know anything about diving. By "rebreather" do you mean it recycles the air or something?

                  Whatever it is it looks pretty pro.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rickyredneck View Post
                    And I'm converting this under powered kart with a 250 dirt bike engine, so it should go then
                    That things tiny, and you're gonna put a two fiddy on it?

                    Tell me it's gonna be a two smoker!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
                      I don't know anything about diving. By "rebreather" do you mean it recycles the air or something?
                      You got it. Normal dive gear, you inhale compressed air from a tank and you exhale into the water. This gizmo? You breathe air in a loop. Exhaled air gets the CO2 scrubbed out of it and sensors work out when to squirt a bit more oxygen in there to replace what you use. No bubbles, long dive times. Those little 3l tanks will last me for 3 hours or more, where a normal dive tank (12l) would last maybe half an hour at 40m...
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Zeitgeist,

                        Those boats were maybe still are raced, it certainly looks like what were called go boats. They had 25 hp outboards or upto 250 inboard. My plans were for an LC Yamaha engine in one, then wife took off with the co owner and I lost my best mate as well as the Go Boat.

                        Great fun to drive and like a motorcycle on water it would cavitate if you over cooked a corner but no road rash.

                        I had one in 1986.
                        Last edited by Graelin; 26-11-2013, 12:13 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                          Is it rusting already?
                          Yeah, a little splashback from the bed under the laser cutter threw mild steel droplets onto the case and they're now rusting. I need to hit it with a flap sander to knock them off, then pickle the thing to passivate it properly.

                          I was just too impatient to get the bastard in the water and be awesome, I guess

                          - - - Updated - - -

                          Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                          I lost my best mate as well as the Go Boat.
                          You say "lost", but you know where the bodies are, right?
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                            Zietgeist,

                            Those boats were maybe still are raced, it certainly looks like what were called go boats. They had 25 hp outboards or upto 250 inboard. My plans were for an LC Yamaha engine in one, then wife took off with the co owner and I lost my best mate as well as the Go Boat.

                            Great fun to drive and like a motorcycle on water it would cavitate if you over cooked a corner but no road rash.

                            I had one in 1986.
                            They look tiny; how do you fit your testicles in there?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                              You got it. Normal dive gear, you inhale compressed air from a tank and you exhale into the water. This gizmo? You breathe air in a loop. Exhaled air gets the CO2 scrubbed out of it and sensors work out when to squirt a bit more oxygen in there to replace what you use. No bubbles, long dive times. Those little 3l tanks will last me for 3 hours or more, where a normal dive tank (12l) would last maybe half an hour at 40m...
                              Well that's heaps better than half an hour! How does it scrub out the carbon dioxide? Sofnolime or something?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X