2010 ZX6R race bike ... Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 ZX6R race bike ... Rebuild

Anyone know where I can get a muffler re-skinned?

New swingarm on it's way. New tank required (too twisted & dented to try and repair), new attack rear sets required (LHS only), new fibreglass required (already have a set sitting in primer). That's hopefully all the big parts - won't know until I take it apart but too sore to work on the bike yet! Could do with checking frame and forks before I spend time and money on this though! Is the frame easy to check for straight?
    RR#55.

Maybe try chain reaction?

I 'think' that's the guy that made howler mufflers.

Also. Pics!
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Yup, Paul Freer makes?/made? Howler exhausts. Not sure if he still does but should be able to help you out

Comment

Tank;

2009 09 10 11 Kawasaki ZX6RR zx6r ZX636 ZX 636 Ninja Fuel Gas Tank Reservoir Can | eBay
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

How bad is the tank? You might be able to get away with just a tank cover to hide the damage (guess what is happening to my bike!)

Comment

RR#55.

Comment

I expected a lot worse after seeing pics of [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION]'s bike.

Shame about all the work you didn't need but at least it doesn't look like a strip it to the frame job either.
              The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Going by that axle/chain adjuster, I guess turbs got you pretty square in the back wheel.
                No damage to the rim? (other than your own that is)
                The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

.. might pay to try Neil Anderson (Mr Kawasaki) a call to see if there are any simple, easy checks, that can be done on the frame/forks & take it from there.

I think his mobile is 0410 654 954
                  .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Working...
                  X