Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Ninja 250 Production Race Bike - 2014 Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2012 Ninja 250 Production Race Bike - 2014 Season

    Building another Kawasaki ? Da fuq is wrong with me, Thought I would have learnt from the zx6

    Now for the serious stuff, The missis has been on my back ever since the historic title the other month when she heard someone talking about a 250 proddy class, But thanks to [MENTION=14743]Hoddo[/MENTION] she has not stopped asking me every week if there was anymore news about the class so we could look for a bike to start building up, well after hearing something very positive the other day I decided we would have a look at a few and go from there, just so happens we found a 2012 Special edition (it has awesome decals ?) with 9000k's and no damage and runs/rides sweet, well as sweet as a 250 4 stroke can be I guess ^_^

    As of yet the rules are still vague and I'm not 100% on what parts we are allowed to use,change,modify so for now we will buy some parts that are pretty obvious and progress as rules appear, parts I will order tomorrow to get it on the track for now are -

    Race glass
    Tyres
    Suspension internals
    Domino grips
    Slip on pipe
    Air filter
    Braided lines

    Hopefully rules permit for the following -

    Rearsets
    Gearing
    Clip ons (although this requires triple clamp change I think, so I doubt it)
    Jetting

    Hope to get the fairings off and ready to start stripping tomorrow arvo, will chuck some pics up tomorrow .

    Stoked for 250 productions as long as it's kept fair and comes down to the rider it should be an awesome class. (Think the missis is on parts sites as we speak)
    Last edited by GIXXEN; 20-01-2014, 08:38 PM.
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

  • #2
    Before you spend any money, get onto Mick Demmery CM Racing for the full package at half the cost anywhere else.

    He's bent over backwards to get the class happening, and will hopefully bring the National title holder over to give us a run.

    Comment


    • #3
      Pm sent
      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

      Comment


      • #4
        how it looked when i picked it up, More pics tomorrow.




        2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
        2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
        2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
        2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
        2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
        2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi there Gixxen

          I have a ninja 250 and would be keen to start out in budget class of racing.
          Would you have a estimate of what it costs to get the ninja race ready?

          Also is the class happening for the 2014 season?

          Comment


          • #6
            As it currently sits waiting for race parts





            - - - Updated - - -

            Originally posted by FCB104 View Post
            Hi there Gixxen

            I have a ninja 250 and would be keen to start out in budget class of racing.
            Would you have a estimate of what it costs to get the ninja race ready?

            Also is the class happening for the 2014 season?
            Hey mate,

            Class is happening, few things regarding rules etc are a bit hazey but will be cleared up soon.

            $1500 will get your bike on the track ready to go with all the parts but if you didnt do rearsets, clip ons etc and just done the bare minimum, Tyres, race fairings blah blah blah you could get it racing for a lot less.
            2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
            2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
            2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
            2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
            2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
            2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

            Comment


            • #7
              Paging [MENTION=12664]Termi-nal[/MENTION]

              Comment


              • #8
                Check out JB performance site for fairings, clip ons etc. he's offering a fantastic deal to help get this class going. Plus he's a great guy. John is the reason I'm on track today.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post
                  Hey mate,

                  Class is happening, few things regarding rules etc are a bit hazey but will be cleared up soon.

                  $1500 will get your bike on the track ready to go with all the parts but if you didnt do rearsets, clip ons etc and just done the bare minimum, Tyres, race fairings blah blah blah you could get it racing for a lot less.
                  Thanks
                  Pretty reasonable by the sounds of it.
                  Ill watch your build with interest
                  Cheers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm sorted mate,

                    Full kit from cm racing. Guys seem to know there shit when it comes to proddy

                    Cheers [MENTION=30597]Aufitt[/MENTION]
                    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                    2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                    2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                    2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                    2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GIXXEN View Post
                      I'm sorted mate,

                      Full kit from cm racing. Guys seem to know there shit when it comes to proddy

                      Cheers [MENTION=30597]Aufitt[/MENTION]
                      He's great, he diagnosed why mine slows after 2 laps and is using water.
                      so make sure you Jet it, then you can do mine

                      JB Performance is also good and has helped the class get off the ground,

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
                        He's great, he diagnosed why mine slows after 2 laps and is using water.
                        so make sure you Jet it, then you can do mine

                        JB Performance is also good and has helped the class get off the ground,
                        Jetting is easy stuff mate we will just get to the track early one day and do yours if you like
                        2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                        2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                        2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                        2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                        2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm going to go get my Ninja Dyno tuned once I've fitted the jet kit and K&N air filter.

                          Aiming to do Level 2 Racecraft on February 28th

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The inlet restrict or has to be installed on the ninja, this brings them into lone with the others. Does that come with the kit?
                            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                              The inlet restrict or has to be installed on the ninja, this brings them into lone with the others. Does that come with the kit?
                              That was revised during the 2012 season and changed a couple of times then dropped during the 2013 ASBK season,
                              I bought my MA spec Ninja racebike with the (2012) 21mm restrictors in and it would barely run.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X