No announcement yet.

Honda cd250 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First came the black base coat, I'm going to match the stripe so gold pearl then clear. Decided to put a small sticker on the front wheel just because I had one! Ha

Comment

Moved onto the wheel hubs this week, I know it's moving slowly but I pick up the frame tomorrow from being powder coated.
      process was, paint stripper, sand blast and 2 pack epoxy primer. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll paint them black so I can get them to the wheel builder next week for the stainless spokes to be fitted.

Comment

Subscribed

Have you decided on a seat/base/hump yet?
        I've just recently acquired a Honda CBF250 for a long term cafe project. Wish i could paint!

S.
        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

This is looking soo good mike. Coming along bloody nicely
          Cheers
          Dru
          "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for ..."

Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
            Subscribed

Have you decided on a seat/base/hump yet?
            I've just recently acquired a Honda CBF250 for a long term cafe project. Wish i could paint!

S.
            Not 100%, the base will be fiberglass or steel but favoring fiberglass at the moment.

good luck with your build, you can always send the bits to me, I'll paint them no problem 👍

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by roomandu View Post
            This is looking soo good mike. Coming along bloody nicely
            Cheers
            Dru
            thankyou, picked the frame up today and I'm very happy with it...

Comment

Thats a great paint job. Bikes going to look pretty cool when done!

Comment

Thank you, wish I could spend a bit more time on it to finish, but after weekend of camping I finally painted the hubs tonight.

thankfully this part is done and I can pass the wheels to a professional to re-assemble

Comment

Pretty happy that I got my wheels back, shame I couldn't afford new tyres. Just waiting now for some swingarm bushes that I didn't see and got melted at the Powdercoaters! Doh, $100 I shouldn't need to spend: anyway

Oops!

Comment

After working on other friends projects finally got back to mine, welded the handlebars to make them into a 1 piece and painted the engine, although it's not what I was going to do with it, the rest of the bike has been tidied up and after the previous attempt of painting was flaking off, it made sense as the motor was out. Plus stripping it to pieces As a fine running motor didn't sit well with me.

Before:

just need to be painted now.

i also sanded the tank back with 800 grit and re cleared as to not have any lumps between the stripes.
                    Also I decided to match my helmet to the bike, mainly as a spare for special occasions and that. It wasn't an expensive helmet anyway.

Comment

So I realize it's been a while, update is that I've been waiting for parts to arrive and some bits for me to make, finally got round to putting back wheel on the bike at take it off the bench it was sitting on so once I've re-wired the switch that arrived today and the new lights I'll make the seat base, nice to see it back on its wheels after so long

Comment

Looks nice. How's the car project going?
                        In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

The Peugeot?

Comment

Toyota or something?
                            In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

No big Toyota jobs mainly these 2- 1956 Peugeot 403, bare metal restoration and a custom paint job on a Harley softail which won best street paint at south coast nationals ( not bad for a hobbie painter with no training)

Comment

What is that on the Harley? a candy apple on a gold base?

Comment

Working...
                                X