Honda cd250 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
    What is that on the Harley? a candy apple on a gold base?
    Sorry not been on here for a while:
    No it's a candy base coat from DNA it goes over a white ground coat.

Comment

What ever it is, it looks furkin SUHWEET
      "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for ..."

Epicurus

Comment

Feels like forever since I last did anything to the bike so with the kids playing in the street I rolled it out from its hiding spot and cracked on with a few jobs today:
        On the list
        :put new chain and adjuster on. : bar end mirrors. : wrap and fit exhaust. : install gear selector and left foot peg. : oil change. : fit painted starter motor.
        Getting somewhere now.

Thanks for looking

Comment

Just a quick question...as we live in the nanny state do you have to get stuff certified by an engineer? esp frame mods? I am itching to do a cafe racer on an old Jap bike...around a 500 should do.

Ps love the gold and black....or should that be black and gold?
          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
            Just a quick question...as we live in the nanny state do you have to get stuff certified by an engineer? esp frame mods? I am itching to do a cafe racer on an old Jap bike...around a 500 should do.

Ps love the gold and black....or should that be black and gold?
            Not really..

Most people buy currently registered bikes in their stock form, then modify them while paying the rego during the course of the restoration. Since we don't have vehicle inspections and stuff, you'd only run into trouble if you get yellow stickered
            Rest in Peace

Comment

Thanks, the colour has grown on me considerably since I did it. Have enough for my next bike too so we will see.

As Ryanoceros said register the bike first then modify is the best way to do it, you'll only run into trouble if you heavily modify the frame.

Comment

Black and gold is the JP racing colour scheme from way back.
                Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

It's been a little while so I thought I'd do some work on the bike. Made a seat base and give it to the trimmer last week and picked it up today.
                  Not exactly how we discussed but I'm still happy with it. So close now to being finished

Comment

Working...
                  X