X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooter custom paint project

First off hello to everybody.
    I'm new to the forum and bikes in general. No it's not a street bike build,
    but it's in perth, and has two wheels so it's pretty well close enough i'm hoping.
    Hopefully i dont get shot down in flames, see how we go. ( i do actually have a roadbike
    with a 650 ninja motor so maybe i qualify?)

Anyway, ive been doing paint on my own cars for a while now and just getting into
    bikes i'm doing the same.Painting them. After everyone said i should be doing it seriously
    ive started focusing a lot of my time on it.

So i went out and bought this vmoto milan scooter,not running or registered
    for cheap, as a paint project. Spend a few hours fidlling around and cleaning
    things,got it running,then stripped it ready for prep and paint.

Enough of the babble,heres some pics

As of now the parts have been washed,scuffed,and had a mist coat of primer thrown on,
    it was too dark to get pics.

The final result will be a marbled effect in a brown/gold candy colour over the top.
    Hard to imagine it but the pic below is the last job i did and it will be similar but obviously
    not red and with a different pattern underneath the candy.

I'll throw in another couple of pics of my first bike i did the tank on,several weeks back.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.

Thanks for looking.

Atley.

Nice looking work!
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Welcome to PSB.
      Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
      Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
      BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

flash mate very flash !

welcome along

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Nice work!
          Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
          Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Nice work mate, welcome

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
            Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

Very cool! Welcome to the madhouse!
              SP RACINGis supported by:
              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys and the kind words.

Had a bit of a play with the scooter today and had a bad chemical reaction in the paint.
                Serveral of the parts will have to be redone. I was a pretty annoyed to say the least.
                Looks like my mistake was accidentally using a strainer twice between the primer and base.
                Rooky mistake.

Anyway,i had a play with some silver and getting different textures on it for the project.
                I did half with the marble effect and half with another effect i'm trying, it looks pretty
                crap in the photo but with a bit of playing around it will look good. Again this will have several
                layers of candy paint over it.

Had a look at the chrome parts off the scooter,theyre badly pitted and need something done to
                them. After reading online about how to strip chrome from plastic, i'm going to malaga
                tomorrow and hopefully pay someone to do it properly.

Hopefully if the weather hold out tomorrow i'll have more to update.
                I'm also filling the holes where the badges used to be,and i'm going to have to
                work out what to do with these other parts that have crazed up on me.

I would buy a small sandblasting cabinet but dont have anywhere to put it.

Thanks for looking

Comment

Nice paint work. What gear are you using?
                  if you need somewhere to put the sandblasting cab may I suggest my shed

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
                    Nice paint work. What gear are you using?
                    if you need somewhere to put the sandblasting cab may I suggest my shed
                    Thanks mate, using 2k base and clear.

If you where in Dianella and where willing to keep the sandblaster clean and running,
                    and didnt mind me leaving shit everywhere, we could definitely put it in your shed.lol.

Now i'm getting into bikes i'm going to have to get one. I just dont want blasitng media
                    anywhere near where i'm painting. Being in a lot of pain most days, sanding things by hand
                    isnt the most fun job in the world,especially when it's chewing your time up too.

Looks like we've got a few days of nice weather, time to get back in the shed.

Ride safe kiddo's..

Comment

good project Atley ......if the chrome on the clocks is "metal" chrome just prepsol and etch prime...if its "plastic" chrome use a plastic primer but i would scotchy it first....mike
                      also have a look at 2015 scooter rideout on the IOM

Comment

Originally posted by ritza View Post
                        good project Atley ......if the chrome on the clocks is "metal" chrome just prepsol and etch prime...if its "plastic" chrome use a plastic primer but i would scotchy it first....mike
                        also have a look at 2015 scooter rideout on the IOM
                        pm me ya number mike, got some ali windows for a guy that need doing !

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Atley View Post
                        Thanks mate, using 2k base and clear.

If you where in Dianella and where willing to keep the sandblaster clean and running,
                        and didnt mind me leaving shit everywhere, we could definitely put it in your shed.lol.

Now i'm getting into bikes i'm going to have to get one. I just dont want blasitng media
                        anywhere near where i'm painting. Being in a lot of pain most days, sanding things by hand
                        isnt the most fun job in the world,especially when it's chewing your time up too.

Looks like we've got a few days of nice weather, time to get back in the shed.

Ride safe kiddo's..
                        ahh,im in dianella and got my own cabinet

but i dont want your shit everyware

dianella 93703770

Comment

Thanks for the advice Ritza. I ended up giving them a light sand and prepping as normal.

Potato, Fair enough. I work in a controlled mess,where i know where everything is as long as no one
                          touches anything. haha

Did some more work today to the scooter parts.

here you can see my super flash panel drying stand.

The bezels/surrounds for the lights got prepped and primed

And after some playing around with colours i ended up with this
                          at the end of the day.

Picked up half a liter of House of kolor, Rootbeer kandy today, so happy days.
                          Hopefully hit it with the candy tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

chip foose would be proud of you

dianella 93703770

Comment

Well thats the main thing. As long as Chip foose likes it. Ha ha. What am i missing potato? Is this his favourite combination or something?
                              I dont really know much about Chip Foose, i watched an online video of him using 3m products at an auto show and couldnt belive how much
                              of an arrogant prick he was. Suppose thats what happens when youre one of the best there is.

As long as whoever ends up buying the scooter,loves it,thats all i'm worried about.

Your a paint and panel guy, what would happen if someone was to damage a paint job like this? I'm guessing if
                              it's just gone through the clear you can try and repair that with clearcoat,but if the candy/paint underneath
                              get damaged, the whole part will have to be redone aye? I usually have about 4 coats of candy and
                              about 3 of clear on top of where i'm at now.

Got anytips for me on spraying? or technique? I'm still learning,and as everyone can see i'm doing it
                              in the yard so any input or advice from anyone is welcomed.cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X