No announcement yet.

scooter custom paint project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took some new photo's of the scooter in the sun. She's up for sale now.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
      Any of the paint supply places will be able to get you booth filter. Can buy the green/white fiberglass stuff on a roll 0.5 x 10 mtr would last you a long time.

If you only plan on spraying small parts I have seen a "spray booth" made from a click together shelf from bunnings. Had a shelf set about waist height, then sides and top were closed in with some 6mm MDF on the back was chicken wire with a couple thermo fans mounted on it. Front of chicken wire had some booth filter held in place by pegs.
      Was used to paint parking sensors and was a quiet an effective little booth. Could always chuck a lazy susan turntable in there so you can access all sides of the job without touching it.
      i have 4 thermos fans on a false door, chicken wire on top then the white/green filter material over the top, runs off a car battery which I charge after each use, I get 40 mins continuous use before charging the car battery. Shed is 4m x 3m and overspray clears straight away. This is the way I did it as the materials were laying around, I am thinking of using the 2 air con fans and ducting that's in my garage doing nothing to make it a draw through other than just negative pressure, with the filter material on the fans are much less efficient however if I open the other door they push more air.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice bike by the way 👍

Comment

Great post ^ and thankyou.

I was told to think about using the filter/ (mats?) , that they use on air conditioners. got a bit of free time tomorrow,might have a scout
        and see what i can dig up/ make. Got a deawoo matiz rad fan in the garage doing nothing too...

Comment

Had some spare time today so i went to bunnings,bought a few things and started making a filter box.

Hopefully for what i'm spraying it will suffice for a while. I think the element shit is
          too fine. Got a whole bunch of it for ten bucks so i thought i'd give it a crack.
          Has to be better than using no extraction at all.

If i start doing bigger parts i'm going to need upgrade i think. Luckily i'm not spraying cars.

Ive got some small parts for my ute that need spraying, be interested to see how it goes.

Total cost was about 50 bucks. Did have some of the stuff lying around though.

Comment

any updates on the painting [MENTION=75879]Atley[/MENTION]

seems forever since the last pics.
            Originally posted by Paraletic
            little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

Thanks for showing some interest benny, ive been working on
              my dads old car and posting it up on another forum. The car has
              a lot of sentimental value. here's a link for anyone interested.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...-4age-20v.html

Comment

Sweet project.
                In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Atley View Post
                  Thanks for showing some interest benny, ive been working on
                  my dads old car and posting it up on another forum. The car has
                  a lot of sentimental value. here's a link for anyone interested.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...-4age-20v.html
                  Looks good ,nice job Atley
                  Do it

Comment

Great thread..Atley..

More heart than ...well you know...
                    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Thanks guys, it means a lot. i might start throwing some pics up in this
                      thread of the corolla.

A side note on the scooter, shes been up for sale for a while now and isnt moving.
                      People just dont seem to be buying stuff at the moment. Personally i think
                      gumtree is getting worse, and probably the economy by the look of it.

Comment

any more updates [MENTION=75879]Atley[/MENTION] ?
                        little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

yea [MENTION=75879]Atley[/MENTION] lol

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

haha thanks guys, nah no updates, backs shagged.

Waiting for the weather to clear up so i clean some of shit lying around the house from
                            my projects. Trying to sell my bikes too if anyone knows anyone.

Dr350 street tracker and a 2015 vulcan s abs lams

Backs to stuffed to ride them and the regos are a joke. Ta.

Comment

Plus bloody PhotoBucket as stolen all the images off the internet!! Can anyone suggested replacements?

Comment

Damn that's a shame.
                                Was gonna see if you wanted to do a cashi for a guy at my work.

He has a Vespa 300 and had a slide before he brought it a while ago.
                                It's just cosmetic but would be nice if it was all black and Shiney again.

Comment

Working...
                                X