2016 gsx-s1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 gsx-s1000

Hopefully getting off my R-E shortly (test booked) and i decided to have a look around for a reasonable R-Class bike.

Decided on the GSX-S1000 as it's pretty much the only naked that i like the look of in blue.

Purchased her last week, and have some parts on order so i won't get delivery until Friday.

Sorry for the shitty photos... my greasy fingers must of been all over the lens that day.

Organised with the dealers to get fender eliminator, yoshimura carbon fibre slipon, transparent wrap around tank protectors pads and the centre protector pad, and the instrument cluster cover for a total that was lower than the ride away price!

Got a few parts already on order for the bike, mostly rizoma stuff.

Mirrors:

Grips:

Barends:

Footpegs:

Brake and Clutch levers:

Radiator guard in SS from radguard:

Next up will be looking at suspension which i'm looking at the hyperpro street box kit weighted to my fat ass.

I'm still deciding whether i should get a power command v to tune out the leaning below 7000rpm that's present in the GSX-S1000.
    Last edited by m0n4g3; 04-07-2016, 08:22 PM.

Whats the normal ride away price on these?

Comment

$16,500 usually.

Comment

Savage Suzuki?
        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
          Savage Suzuki?
          Hopefully not.

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
            Savage Suzuki?
            Yep. Why is that?

Comment

Highly suggest oggy knobs, rg version looks good.
              "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I'm debating on whether oggy knobs are worth it or not. Do i get oggy knobs or case savers, etc?

I've heard stories that oggy knobs can rip engine bolts and deform them and potentially the block/mount.

I decided to post on here mostly to get ideas and advice on what to get etc, as i don't really know much about modding bikes. EG what are the first things you SHOULD get and what are useless mods

Comment

nice pictures, what model potato did you use? hehe

ive been looking at that blue S1000 for the past few weeks, very nice bit of kit (im usually in there once or twice a week)

good luck with the project!

Comment

Originally posted by m0n4g3 View Post
                    I'm debating on whether oggy knobs are worth it or not. Do i get oggy knobs or case savers, etc?

I've heard stories that oggy knobs can rip engine bolts and deform them and potentially the block/mount.

I decided to post on here mostly to get ideas and advice on what to get etc, as i don't really know much about modding bikes. EG what are the first things you SHOULD get and what are useless mods
                    case sliders/covers look better
                    oggy knobs are effective but look shit once they start to fade & kinda look silly sticking out the side of a street fighter
                    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...

Comment

[MENTION=16782]paulie803[/MENTION] thanks! I'll probably go with case sliders/covers since there isn't much fairings on the bike.
                      [MENTION=26139]Hillz[/MENTION], yeah man i've been eyeing it off since it was released last year, but that was no where near my 12 month-a-versary of my RE license. The blue just looks full sex to me, the others are just meh.

Comment

and rad guard arrived! That was damn quick... only ordered it on thursday! O_o
                        Last edited by m0n4g3; 04-07-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Is the factory suspension adjustable? If so, look in to setting it up for your weight before you splurge money on new components. Put the cash towards a PC5 and tune first, even a quick shifter. Do the standard headers house a cat converter?
                          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Just thought the outside looked like Savage Suzuki....I have always had good deals and service from them....highly recommended from me.
                            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by m0n4g3 View Post

Doesn't have to be one or the other - they both serve different purposes. I had oggies and still ground down the cases on a K9 gixxer 750, and an L1 gixxer 600. Oggies largely protect fairings, case savers protect cases.

Comment

Working...
                              X