X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ haha!!!
    never play leapfrog with a unicorn

Comment

Heads look pretty after coming back from getting new valves and guides.

Machined the edge off the fins on three sides

Comment

Subscribed![emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Rest in Peace
        Brother Ryad

Comment

What was your reason for machining the fins? Remove damage?
          Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
            What was your reason for machining the fins? Remove damage?
            Looks and yes, knock off the marks from the crash

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Comment

What cams are u gonna use bro..?

And where is all the metal from the old ones....(pickup screen ..????)

Fins look mint I did mine roughly with a file..;-( no Lathe.... )
              " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                What cams are u gonna use bro..?

And where is all the metal from the old ones....(pickup screen ..????)
                Probably in the sludge trap in the crank. Not much in the was of selection for cams Rich Maud or you go to Germany the problem is the motor is at the end of its development at that point what people in the 80's fitted to their Guzzis to hot them up will actually de-tune this one.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                  Probably in the sludge trap in the crank. Not much in the was of selection for cams Rich Maud or you go to Germany the problem is the motor is at the end of its development at that point what people in the 80's fitted to their Guzzis to hot them up will actually de-tune this one.
                  Yeh...In the absence of anything usefull coming from me this P.M.

I will say ... std cams (for this model will do) get 'em nitrided... run slight advance on inlet....slight retard on Ex. 3-5 degrees is good... have Loud's Engine guy ..Ray .. Have a quick look at cam bearing clearances...too ..if you can...

Use mineral oil...and just change more often... as needs must.

Look to 'guzzi endurance racer' interesting ...light flywheel/clutch/full balance....just the usual stuff ---for a vee donk....

have a world of fun.. on this thing....;-)

use this general advise with diligence and caution.....you may find more fun -than you can handle...
                  " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
                    Yeh...In the absence of anything usefull coming from me this P.M.

I will say ... std cams (for this model will do) get 'em nitrided... run slight advance on inlet....slight retard on Ex. 3-5 degrees is good... have Loud's Engine guy ..Ray .. Have a quick look at cam bearing clearances...too ..if you can...

Use mineral oil...and just change more often... as needs must.

Look to 'guzzi endurance racer' interesting ...light flywheel/clutch/full balance....just the usual stuff ---for a vee donk....

have a world of fun.. on this thing....;-)

use this general advise with diligence and caution.....you may find more fun -than you can handle...
                    I did up a guzzi some years ago.
                    It was a Mille GT which is similar spec to a California. By the time I finished with it, it was very different. 251kg down to 185kg. Top 160km per hr to 220km.
                    And really handled well.
                    This will be all of that and another 30hp and real tyres.

Comment

And after all that building he was tired and had to have a lay down

Comment

Yum. Looks sensational

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shiny gearbox, new seals and bearing.

Like a matching set

Comment

What media did you use on the cases?
                            I like that finish... very nice.

S.
                            Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Hydroblasted. Which is a water jet impregnated with fine glass beads and a couple of chemicals.

Comment

Hmmmm cordless driver, sockets and hex bits lying around, loctite master gasket and a hammer ....
                                All quality pieces required for a build of this calibre ....
                                However ... I see no barked knuckles, blood spots or puddles or trails leading to the bathroom.
                                I have found in the past mr 'nutz, that any of the work I do for myself or family doesn't finish right until there has been a blood sacrifice of some description
                                "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for ..."

Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X