Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Yamaha R6 Fix-up

Hi guys and gals,

Well it's 90% finished, the majority of the work has been done. The panels were all prepped and re-sprayed and after assembling on the weekend and a few hiccups here and there, I finally used it for the first time this week! Was such a joy to ride again, looking at getting out and about in the coming weeks while the weather is still good!

Anyway, here are some pics of the project. Enjoy!

Before pics..

Tank preparation

Final tank stripped

Fairings ready for paint

Finished Product
    I was going for a jet black with a slight pearl, but the ratio I was recommended was a little too strong on the pearl, but it's growing on me slowly!

Still to do:
    Cut and buff all panels. Due to the fact I painted it in the shed with the best filter method I could, there was still a lot of crap landed in the clear coat. A simple cut and buff this weekend will get rid of most of the dust in the clear, and a good polish will get her to show room finish!

New sticker kit is ready to be installed once all the panels are ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just need to sort that cannon of an exhaust pipe.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
      Just need to sort that cannon of an exhaust pipe.
      Lol, say what you will but at 11000rpm it sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, nice job! What are your plans after fixing up the minor issues with the clear coat and putting on the stickers?
        - m4rc0s1s

Comment

Just don't take it anywhere near Newcastle & Palmerstone on a Sunday night - I hear there's been several near misses involving R6s. Very Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
            Just don't take it anywhere near Newcastle & Palmerstone on a Sunday night - I hear there's been several near misses involving R6s. Very Scary.
            since there was only a foot in it, that muffler will catch a car not looking for sure

but seriously nice work, however taking about 3" off the yoshi & a tail tidy would really finish it off

Comment

Originally posted by m4rc0s1s View Post
              Wow, nice job! What are your plans after fixing up the minor issues with the clear coat and putting on the stickers?
              Plan is to keep her for a while, simply to avoid traffic issues. These roadworks are a killer, and zipping between the traffic gets me home 20 minutes earlier!

I might look at upgrading once the new GSX-R1000 comes out later this year, but still undecided. If I get bored, I might look for another fixer-upper to keep myself occupied!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
              since there was only a foot in it, that muffler will catch a car not looking for sure

but seriously nice work, however taking about 3" off the yoshi & a tail tidy would really finish it off
              Oh man, that tail is horrible I absolutely agree! I'll be looking to manufacture one out of some ally when I have a little time, maybe do something interesting with some aftermarket indicators that came with the bike, all within the legal limits of course!

Comment

Working...
              X