Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Thief Bait

Hi

I am planning a bike build to catch the low lives of our community that like to spend their time stealing our bikes. I have set up a go fund me page looking for support.

https://www.gofundme.com/helpcatchpe...orcyclethieves

I have owned a Ride core GPS tracking unit before and it was very accurate almost all of the time and was a neat package to install. http://ridescorpio.com/build-ride/

For evidence recording I am looking at a dual camera DVR, I camera mounted forward facing and one hidden in or around the cluster to identify the culprit/s. http://www.vacron.com/products/drivi...VH-MDE31B.html

Im also thinking remote engine cut out. These RF remote switches could easily be wired in to an ignition circuit and claim 1000m line of sight range. http://www.rfcontrolsystem.com/index...roducts_id=853

Im thinking to start with a cheaper road trail bike and if successful I will use my ZX10R

If anyone has any technical or legal advice they can offer in experience with these types of gadgets that would really be appreciated.

They usually don't ride road trails away, they put them in the back of a ute lying down.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
      They usually don't ride road trails away, they put them in the back of a ute lying down.
      That's why I need a road trail. they have a battery.. the ride unit will alert the moment it is moved. The remote switch is 2 channel could also be hooked up to a horn to locate behind a gate or in a workshop.

Comment

hows the reception in Helena valley?

Not much point doing it if the dam tracker can't be found but great idea!

and the engine cut would be awesome....the [email protected] is in the middle of nowhere...all of a sudden the engine dies!

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
          hows the reception in Helena valley?

Not much point doing it if the dam tracker can't be found but great idea!

and the engine cut would be awesome....the [email protected] is in the middle of nowhere...all of a sudden the engine dies!
          The Idea will be leave it around places of high theft, it's not going to be a rider it will purely be put out to be stolen. The reception in Helena Valley is great... you may be confused with Mount Helena.
          The ride unit will store data and upload it as soon as it is back in mobile reception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Needs to be a Triumph 675 with no factory immobilizer otherwise they wont bother

Comment

That rf control looks a bit bulky, might be a bit hard to conceal, also you don't want it getting accidentally triggered. Maybe use an rf unit from a radio controlled plane or heli. 5GHz ones are absolutely tiny and have a range of 5km.
              Originally posted by mekon
              Why are pirates called pirates?
              Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
                That rf control looks a bit bulky, might be a bit hard to conceal, also you don't want it getting accidentally triggered. Maybe use an rf unit from a radio controlled plane or heli. 5GHz ones are absolutely tiny and have a range of 5km.
                That's a mad idea, I will look more into that[emoji1360]

Comment

You can use my daytona 675 for bait if you want, but I get first go at the lowlife if you get one

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
                    You can use my daytona 675 for bait if you want, but I get first go at the lowlife if you get one
                    Get a ride unit for it and I can organise a mob⚔️

Comment

Originally posted by Triple View Post
                      Needs to be a Triumph 675 with no factory immobilizer otherwise they wont bother
                      Is it seriously that bad ? I know they're easy to steal, but I didn't think they were at the top of the shopping list
                      Rest in Peace

Comment

Great idea. The only problem is police and courts come down twice as hard on vigilantes than actual crims.
                        Originally posted by Paraletic
                        little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Comment

Originally posted by doopah View Post
                          I can organise a mob⚔️
                          Looking forward to the movie.
                          Biker Bait.

S.
                          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny D View Post
                            Great idea. The only problem is police and courts come down twice as hard on vigilantes than actual crims.
                            The intent is to hand the evidence to the Police. The ride unit has a function they can log into and track when it's stolen. Hidden cameras on the bike to identify the thief..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                              Is it seriously that bad ? I know they're easy to steal, but I didn't think they were at the top of the shopping list
                              Been a little while since I last looked, but I saw stats showing Triumphs on top of the list and it was basically due to the fact they didnt have factory fitted immobilizers like jap bikes do

Comment

Working...
                              X