Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Suzuki gsx750f

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2005 Suzuki gsx750f

    Planning to restore this bike.
    Last edited by llbuono; 03-12-2017, 06:19 PM.

  • #2
    I plan to turn this bike into a stunning looking bike the same as the second bike this will be my second only complete rebuild the first being a 1973 kawasaki z1a which i painted the same colour as the second bike.
    https://i.imgur.com/wB4LUDN.jpg
    I want it look the same as this bike.
    https://i.imgur.com/BwFFEuT.jpg

    Comment


    • #3
      Handy forum etiquette hint, editing all of yours posts makes you look shifty and untrustworthy, irregardless of the reality.

      I feel this is one of the reasons why you struggle with credibility from some people. Post something, then stick to it.

      And before you retort, yes I can see your edits.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
        Handy forum etiquette hint, editing all of yours posts makes you look shifty and untrustworthy, irregardless of the reality.

        I feel this is one of the reasons why you struggle with credibility from some people. Post something, then stick to it.

        And before you retort, yes I can see your edits.
        Point taken this bike i really don't whether to go ahead and maybe waste money on a bike that is only worth $2000.00 even rebuilt but the black one looks very nice what would you do.

        Comment


        • #5
          Personally I thought this bike was ugly and uninspiring when new. It hasn't aged well, looks all awkward and 90's.

          But it's not my bike, people drop money into Hyosungs, so it's not my call to make.
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
            Personally I thought this bike was ugly and uninspiring when new. It hasn't aged well, looks all awkward and 90's.

            But it's not my bike, people drop money into Hyosungs, so it's not my call to make.
            Does the black one look nice to you, from certain angles it looks good, in black it looks great..
            What kind of aprilia is that thousand in my picture i remember you once told me you like their sound.
            The twin headlight version looks better than the retangle version of the gsx750f. I read on the internet it is called the blob but for a heavy underpowered bike it handles ok except in a crosswind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Carltonblues View Post
              I read on the internet it is called the blob
              Pretty certain it's nickname was 'Teapot'

              Black with polished rims and silver mesh behind the fairing intakes does look the business

              Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
              Rest in Peace
              Brother Ryad

              Comment


              • #8
                why change it? it is what it is and does look in very nice original condition, doesnt NEED a repaint, any bike that age is hard to find like it and thats where the value is. ( in my opinion) . if it were me and its already in good nick i'd take it apart and clean every single little part of it until you could eat your morning tea off it then replace/renew all the touch points, tyres, cables, fluids that milky windscreen, and for the love of god put a decent can on it. jet to suite. ride and smile.

                then if youve got some spare coin a mild generic "tech refresh" maybe like a quick shifter, gear position indicator, better master cylinders. usb outlet and mount for the smart phone, steering dampner if really needed, rim tape ?

                if you cant be with the one you love love the one your with

                my opinion.....
                I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                  why change it? it is what it is and does look in very nice original condition, doesnt NEED a repaint, any bike that age is hard to find like it and thats where the value is. ( in my opinion) . if it were me and its already in good nick i'd take it apart and clean every single little part of it until you could eat your morning tea off it then replace/renew all the touch points, tyres, cables, fluids that milky windscreen, and for the love of god put a decent can on it. jet to suite. ride and smile.

                  then if youve got some spare coin a mild generic "tech refresh" maybe like a quick shifter, gear position indicator, better master cylinders. usb outlet and mount for the smart phone, steering dampner if really needed, rim tape ?

                  if you cant be with the one you love love the one your with

                  my opinion.....
                  I thought of going down this path some bikes are not icons but will have a value down the track if left standard and restored to the original standard, i think this bike could be that kind of bike, i have owned around 40 bikes in my life and most would be icons today but you trade up and move on, i look at todays current second hand prices and can't believe i sold a high kay pristine 81 boldor 900 in 1985 to the motorcycle wrecker in east vic park for $950.00 when they now sell for around $6000.00 or a 1978 z1r i paid $1850.00 for in 1982 now sells for up to $18,000.00 i am going to go down your track heretic and keep it standard it goes alright on a country run to although in a strong crosswind during that storm it gave me the fright of my life when the sudden gust blew the rear out of track by at least 6 to 12 inches in the wet.
                  Last edited by llbuono; 04-12-2017, 06:21 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    To start the project i have bought a s/h alternator and instrument panel on ebay, the alternator as a spare as they are now the same as automotive units and will probably have the same service life, also the fact that a oem unit is $1600.00 the instrument panel is so i can get the odometer reset.
                    I will restore the bike to original condition as heretic described in stages so i can keep riding it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Carltonblues View Post
                      To start the project i have bought a s/h alternator and instrument panel ... so i can get the odometer reset.
                      and you wonder why people think you might be a bit dodgy.
                      Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
                        and you wonder why people think you might be a bit dodgy.
                        You do know that these bikes odometers stop at 99,999, which makes it hard to judge travel distances and more importantly service intervals at the moment i work it out by average mpg 42 according to reviews for these bikes × liters of petrol used.
                        Kindly refrain from judgement post's on my rebuild thread if however you were not aware of this design fault then you made the right assumption dodgy.
                        This is the problem with the odometer.

                        https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...yw4WK2dp9B9vt5

                        https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...AH2k-UDGDfYWl-

                        Theres nothing dodgy with what i am trying to achieve a brand new oem instrument panel would read 00,000 so i can't see the issue really.
                        Last edited by llbuono; 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Haven't noticed many around. As Heretic has said, leave it as. Way more value in unmodified bikes than something that's been hacked.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by datsikk View Post
                            Haven't noticed many around. As Heretic has said, leave it as. Way more value in unmodified bikes than something that's been hacked.
                            Thats what i am going to do the main problem is to get a working odometer one guy reckons on those sites i posted you have to replace the ic, a bit drastic but it worked for him any ideas.
                            The current instrument panel has some minor intermittent instrument lighting problems and the paint is lifting around the tacho needle, but the odometer hasn't moved since i bought the bike it is stuck on 99,999 kilometers.
                            The former owner said he estimated he had done another 25,000 kays after it stopped on 99,999 kays and i reckon i have done over 10,000 kays in the last three months a testament to good servicing and suzukis strong motors they are so reliable it doesn't burn a drop of oil with around 135,000 kays on it, my honda boldor 900 with 70,000 kays on it used a liter of castrol gp every 1000 to 1500 kays.

                            https://i.imgur.com/UQZLA76.jpg
                            Last edited by llbuono; 06-12-2017, 07:02 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Fair enough
                              Bit of an oversight by suzuki
                              or lack of faith in their own durability

                              Apparently its fixable?
                              https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...ad.php?t=89249
                              Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X