Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Bonneville 07 - Cafe Racer

Hi all,

Late last week I took the plunge and bought my first R class bike and its a brand spanker .. 0.8km on the clock when they put the sold sign on it at Lloyd Chapmans. The whole 60's cafe racer thing is what got me interested in getting my own bike and even after almost a year of riding my RGV the older bikes are what really get my mouth watering... Its the basic 07 Bonnie, I looked at the T100 and the Thruxton but decided less is more and the money saved will be spent on changing stuff to get it closer to my ideal classic bike. Already in the mail are Norman Hyde classic rearset, Ace and M bars (I couldn't decide :p) and bar end mirrors. Once the motor is broken in I plan to add a set of NH classic silencers and carby and airbox/filter tweaks to get her breathing better.

I've already got a shadow sorted for the Northam bike festival and am counting the days till december when I can go for my R license... Its going to be a good summer

And a big thanks to Stoneville for the shadow home from LC's

MMmmmmmmm.

Congrats mate. Love the look of those. Im sure you'll enjoy it
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Nice one mate. I got quite interested in the Thruxton after reading your previous thread... a lot of cool potential there. If you're not already aware, check out this site for a whole load of mods to spend money on. Good luck with it!
      "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

Awesome, now all you need is the fishtail exhaust and clip ons for that cafe racer stylee.

Comment

i feel all gooey inside. i'm starting to develop a real taste for retro bikes
          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by Mockery View Post
            Nice one mate. I got quite interested in the Thruxton after reading your previous thread... a lot of cool potential there. If you're not already aware, check out this site for a whole load of mods to spend money on. Good luck with it!
            Haha .. thats where my parts are coming from. With the US dollar the way it is at the mo it was cheaper to buy from them than from the manufacturer in the UK ... Newbonneville have lots of cool stuff, I'm sure they will be seeing some more of my $ soon :p

Comment

I had a 1959 model spent more time keeping it going than riding it haha
              With the reliability they have now you will have plenty of fun

good on ya
              Real Men Ride Nakid
              http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Hey congratulations, looks really nice :p

Enjoy it and ride safe (december will be here before you know it)
                `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
                  i feel all gooey inside.
                  I would suggest eating less sushi :p
                  DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
                  - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
                  -Richard Feynman

Comment

congrats, that thing looks amazing
                    i love the looks of that bike
                    ill tell u whats not funny, killing strippers, strippers are people too, naked people who may be willing to pleasure you for a price you can negotiate later behind a curtin in the VIP room. besides there is no need to kill them, cos most are already dead inside... -Peter Griffin-

Comment

Congrats, you will love the Trumpy.

I have also bought lots of gear from Brent at New Triumph Bonneville Parts and Accessories @ newbonneville.com The airbox removal kit combined with pipes, made a big difference to the power delivery and gave the bike a really nice induction roar.

Comment

Originally posted by Broms View Post
                        ...The airbox removal kit combined with pipes, made a big difference to the power delivery and gave the bike a really nice induction roar.
                        That would be the NARK ?? .. I'm considering it when I change the pipes over

Speaking of pipes.. found a video of the Norman Hyde silencers I want... MMmmmmm

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBkgbaudhFg"]YouTube - Triumph Bonneville 2001 toga silencer sound[/ame]

Comment

Nice one, go da Triumph.
                          Check these people out for some retro inspiration Deus Ex Machina

Comment

My old neighbour a couple of houses down had one of these new Bonnies. This is how he described it; "its impossible not to have a stupid big grin every time I get on it". Thats what its all about. As far as i'm concerned, thats exactly what motorcycling is all about. Congrats, I am envious, its a great looking machine. I love that retro front mud guard attachment arms

Comment

[quote=Laika;632123]That would be the NARK ?? .. I'm considering it when I change the pipes over

Yep, the NARK. My brother has a stock Thruxton. I have ridden it back to back with mine, the difference substantial, although I don't have dyno comparisons...so it could be all noise

I bought rearsets from Axljak http://www.axljak.com/rearsets_left_right.htm

and have since seen some nice ones from LSL Australian Motorcycle Components Pty Ltd.

Comment

Working...
                              X