TL1000R Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TL1000R Project

I recently bought a TL1000R from interstate (drama!), and decided to customise it a little.

Motivation came from seeing it parked next to 2 identical bikes at a ride day, and I wanted mine to stand out.

I'll attach some pictures, so you can judge how I went with achieving my goal!

I also need some advice, and would like to chat with other TLR owners. It's my first V Twin and I'm hooked....!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gbb; 03-08-2008, 05:50 PM. Reason: add photos

sounds like a good project ahead, look forward to seeing it

Comment

Worked it out!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gbb; 03-08-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

did you try creating an album and uploading the pics to that? you can do all that in your control panel ("user cp" button at the top left), then copy and paste the link from there

doh, i were too late
        Last edited by chief wiggum; 03-08-2008, 10:07 PM.
        "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

very nice, always like the tls and tlr - have fun

Comment

looks good man, i always like the look of the TL, and they sound nuts.

Comment

More photos.......
              Attached Files

Comment

yes i like!!

Comment

I'm rapt with the way it looks, sounds and rides. Huge thanks to Steve McDowall and Neil Anderson. I have so much more to go. Worst part is, I am stuck up in Newman working FIFO, and won't be home till next week.

Hope you appreciate it. Looking forward to getting some rides in next week (crosses fingers for sunshine!)

Gerald.

Comment

Oh, I meant to add, the dirty lying SOB dealer, never sent the single seat, or original owners manual (if they even exist), so I bought a replacement single from Suzuki, but need to get it sprayed to match the bike, which has new paint anyways, anyone with a good spray contact, please mail me at [email protected]

Cheers,

GBB

Comment

Good one! Looks pretty much the same as mine. I'm going to be Ohlins'ising my suspension soon, and maybe an aftermarket set of wheels. See ya on a ride oneday! TLR's rule!!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Rock; 03-08-2008, 08:35 PM. Reason: To add a pic.
                      Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

Looks hot gbb !!
                        i fucking miss my TLR best bike ive owned ( insert crying )
                        In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
                        The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
                          Good one! Looks pretty much the same as mine. I'm going to be Ohlins'ising my suspension soon, and maybe an aftermarket set of wheels. See ya on a ride oneday! TLR's rule!!
                          I have a Ohlins rear setup for the TL. PM me if you are interested

Comment

Thanks. I'm interested, but am in the process of moving over the next month so my TLR work will have to wait until Oct.
                            Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

motor cycle panel and paint in ozzy park do a good job, if ya still lookin for a painter
                              nice bike to mate. looks heaps better with the rear seat cowel on it .

Comment

Working...
                              X