Rat bobber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat bobber

Righto gangsters, this heap o shite is my rat ride.
    Thanks to this global economic shitfest we dont have much on at the moment which is great because i have more time to fuck around with bikes and bad because i dont have the money required to finish other more interesting projects.
    So for lack of anything better to do today, I built this frame and if by some miracle im not dead from swine flu, terrorists, arse chaffe or any of the other vaguely remote threats to my health i couldnt care less about, tomorrow ill do the tank and battery box.
    Attached Files

Oh, yes, for those that dont know, that motor is of the virago variety, 1984's ugliest heap of shit award winner. Its been sitting in the shed for fucking ages and is too heavy to lift to move around so i had no other option than to get it in a frame..of sorts..
    Attached Files

Comment

hahaha. Love ya work Rastas. As soon as I saw another build thread by you I hit it. Always worth my time. 5*'d.
      It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Hey hate to disapoint but those old XV donks are great motors, heaps grunty, especially the 1000, never give trouble love to rev once given the chance to breath...

With red lights and radar what's everyone doing with the modern warp speed laser drive bikes I don't know...
        Seems a bit try hard to me, yeah they nice I know but hey those old vee twins keep it real...

Wish I could build a frame to sit in, have a tweaked XV chainy, pipes out under the seat, big fat forks and pull back bars, for next to nothing. Let them have their modern stuff, and continue working to pay for them, to all look the same... you lucky bugger...
        I reckon Bobbers look like they been hit up the back by a truck, give me some flowing lines anyday.
        Hey, get the frame right, price it and we'll talk more...

Comment

What's the go with registering something like this?
          (custom frame)

S.
          Last edited by Sprint; 04-05-2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: clarified
          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
            What's the go with registering something like this?

S.
            Keep em registered as stock or go through all kinds of hell testing frames to destruction..
            Im going to build a spondon style twin tube aluminium frame for my busa so ill let you know when i find out more.
            There are other ways of dubious legality to do im sure but in the long run its worth doing it once and right..

Comment

Originally posted by Yamma View Post
              Hey hate to disapoint but those old XV donks are great motors, heaps grunty, especially the 1000, never give trouble love to rev once given the chance to breath...

Hey, get the frame right, price it and we'll talk more...
              They are a great motor, thats why i picked it for the build. They just look all kinds of awfull in a virago

If you want a frame done or modded pm me some pics and a description and ill give you a price.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
                hahaha. Love ya work Rastas. As soon as I saw another build thread by you I hit it. Always worth my time. 5*'d.
                Cheers mate!

Comment

Hey thanks... I watch how you go and get my ideas together.
                  Rego has to be sorted out, but yeah I'm after a cruiser/cafe racer hybrid, comfy grunt town bike, you know the thing...
                  I'll stay with you on your build and get my ideas firmed up...

Comment

Looking sweet.

Comment

Awesome little project and definitely up my alley. I really like the design of that curved backbone!! Shame it's not swooping down into a hardtailed rear end...

Comment

Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
                        Awesome little project and definitely up my alley. I really like the design of that curved backbone!! Shame it's not swooping down into a hardtailed rear end...
                        Hardtail was the original plan and if i can think of a way to make it look good ill cut that shit upin a second.
                        Everytime i look at it i think the seat is too high, too flat and to fucken meh..
                        Need more beers and a thinky..

Oh, was planning an ally tank between the top and bottom frame arch, any other thoughts..?

Comment

Originally posted by Rastas View Post
                          Hardtail was the original plan and if i can think of a way to make it look good ill cut that shit upin a second.
                          Does this help? The Hardlife frame by Jesse Jurrens of Independent Cycles

And check out some of the bikes that Hank Young has completed for ideas on how to put a tank inside the frame, it's one if his signature tricks

Young Choppers & Hot Rods -- Choppers

Comment

Hmm, if it was a chain drive it'd be a fuckload easier to do that. That frame is gorgeous. Ill keep staring at it over the coming days and see what icome up with. Cheers for the input.
                            Heres a coupla pics of the bench..
                            Attached Files

Comment

ahh one of my favourite passtimes, staring at an object untill it becomes clear how you can improve it.

nice, should be something special
                              IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Working...
                              X