Rat bobber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
    Nice to see you're still plugging away at it.
    That i am...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Who knew 1980s dirtbikes and bobber frames could mix together so harmoniously....
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hell yeah, that is cool.

Comment

• looks like there's room for a 2nd one in there Rastas!

Comment

• There's barely room to fart in there at the moment mate

Comment

• any update on progress here? Got ideas in my head for a new project, but it will need to replace the frame of an existing bike and the legalities and DPI/DOT/rego crap scare me aha.

Comment

• ^ Can you say ICV...

Comment

• Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
                  ^ Can you say ICV...
                  Yeah exactly, looks like the only route I can go down if I want to keep it legal...

...it doesn't seem like a HUGE issue, it will just be many hours checking measurements and ADR requirements, sorting engineers certs and maybe weld testing and the rest... still not sure of the cost but I imagine that a few hours worth of engineer time and such isn't cheap either.

Comment

• I am getting there slowly with this and a couple of other icv's but ive been busy gettin my vc ready as our wedding car so the bikes have been on hold...

Once the wedding, funnymoon and subsequent detoxifying is over ill be back in the shed trying to finish some of these projects.
                    I have a plan and a bit of info regarding icv's, torsional values and testing and of course weld testing that ill be happy to share when ive been through the process, ill even write a budgapungle diy frame guide if theres enough interest.
                    Cant do a lot at the moment because i have ifail and it takes 4 hours to write a paragraph on this stupid phone..

Comment

• yeah once you get through it that would be ace if you could post up some info... it is hard to guage an idea of what it will take when you've got 5 different stories from people doing it over the past decade, half of which contradict what DOTARS/DPI state you need to do.

Comment

• Rastas, just been looking at your build, one word awesome.

Hows the build progressing now? Any updates that you can throw our way?

And definitely interested in your DIY frame build thread when you get time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Global View Post
                          Rastas, just been looking at your build, one word awesome.

Hows the build progressing now? Any updates that you can throw our way?

And definitely interested in your DIY frame build thread when you get time.
                          Ive been a bit busy the past coupla months but the focus is going back on the bikes, gotta pick up some welding gas and hit the shed next week. This build and another cafe racer build are getting al the attention till theyre done.

Im submitting an application to build another ICV which ill post details when i hopefully get approval. Its going to be mental..

Comment

• any one know help me about INDEPENDENT CYCLES HARDLIFE frames blueprint? thank you

Comment

Working...
                            X