Kramer's Ninja(250) rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer's Ninja(250) rebuild.

OK Kramer wont put up a thread regarding his Ninja rebuild so I will do it for him.
    Apparently he feels uncomfortable asking for help... *face palm*

Anyway with SF laid up in hospital and me having no time Kramer needs some techy advice.

As some of you know Kramer had a off a couple of months ago and stuffed his ninja 250, well the time has come for the rebuild.

So there you go Kramer now its up to you... Add away!!! ^_^ (Oh pics are imperative so get the phone out!!)
    Sanity is Overrated

Why don't you do it for him shuboop? I mean, you're already started. You've made the thread and all, why hand the job over now?

Comment

KK ill put some pics and what not after work tomorrow too tired now..

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
        Why don't you do it for him shuboop? I mean, you're already started. You've made the thread and all, why hand the job over now?
        Cheeky bugga ^_^... Nar this one is all on him, he has started but I dont have time to sit and help him while visiting shortfuse, uni, kids and work so Kramer is the man.
        You could always come down and lend a hand Lee
        Sanity is Overrated

Comment

Top notch finding time to even this as well with the preasure you are already under.
          Kramer, mate MAN UP!

Comment

im thinking new forks might be in order..

if you have beer and im free, i can come around and help/be annoying
            TV Antennas - Home theatre installations - TV's wall mounted - Phone and data cabling - TV reception service & repairs - Much more...
            Discounts for PSB members
            ----------
            [email protected] - Ph: 0415 425 524 - or PM me

Comment

Originally posted by mattg View Post
              im thinking new forks might be in order..

if you have beer and im free, i can come around and help/be annoying
              and a +1, i've gotten sadly familiar with crash rebuilds

Comment

Cool thanks might need some help soonish, atm Im halfway through pulling my mashed forks apart but the one that is severely bent is being a bitch I think i need to straighten it a bit before i can get the plug out. Any suggestions on straightening it? Dont have a vice I was thinking a really big hammer lol!
                Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Ok long story short. A month or two ago(it's been so long ive forgotten) I lowsided my ninja being the "hoon" I am on a roundabout doing say 60kmh, some douchebag decided too put massive curbs too the side causing my bikes forks too get mashed

Now a bit of a timeline.... with smilies too display my emotions at the time!!scuse some of the shit quality pics..

When it was in one piece!

Night of the off!:mellow:

^look closely and you will see bars are full lock to the left however the wheel is pointing straight.

The day after Sarah and I started to pull/break it apart!:mellow:

So My known list of destruction!
                  Busted up all fairings (pfft who needs em anyway!)
                  Forks slightly bent. Just the inner tubes...
                  Snapped RH foot peg bracket.
                  Dented tank.
                  RH Switch block got busted up.
                  Both RH indicators gone.
                  RH mirror snapped off.

Ok this is where the bike is at now:glare:, only thing actually fitted back on is a newish RH foot peg bracket(dont know the techy term?).. At this stage Ive come to the realisation that crashing isnt funny because it costs alot of money, time and walking sucks soo much..

waited 4 weeks for these Mofos.

This pissed me off big time when I read this I just spent $600 on two tubes!!! I couldnt find any secondhand ones anywhere...but now I can let the good times roll!

Now this where im at.. the severely bent one is being a bitch and I cant get the plug down far enough to get the circlip out The straighter one is all apart except the damper rod doesnt want too slide out, so im gonna have too straighten it as well..Going to put em in the vice at work tomorrow to try straighten them out hopefully that will fix the problems.

So this is where im at I cant wait till this is over!!!

Will update tomorrow with my fork progression:mellow:..

Comment

good work so far. looks like the only difficult part of repairs will be the forks. remember i have a wrecking gpx! don't go buying more shit from the wreckers that is gpx parts!

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                      good work so far. looks like the only difficult part of repairs will be the forks. remember i have a wrecking gpx! don't go buying more shit from the wreckers that is gpx parts!
                      Yeah and remembering how all this shit goes back togethor!
                      Thanks man I dont think I need anything else though but I come across something ill let ya know!

Also Shuboop wants too know if you got an engine in that mofo she can have?

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
                        Yeah and remembering how all this shit goes back togethor!
                        Thanks man I dont think I need anything else though but I come across something ill let ya know!

Also Shuboop wants too know if you got an engine in that mofo she can have?
                        I have an engine yes...but its rusted and hasnt been started for 10 years. Theres a reason i got it for free If she wants it she can have the engine for free for bits or watever else.

Comment

Looks like you got your work cut out for you... Good luck...

PS: is that a 150 on the rear?
                          sigpic
                          http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

good job so far mate. the worst part isnt remembering how to put it back together, its remembering to put all the screws in the right spots. the first time i pulled a bike fully to pieces was after I crashed my zx10, when i was finished i had about a dozen screws left over which are still sitting in a container in my garage. 15000km later and it hasnt fallen apart, so i guess they werent important ones..
                            TV Antennas - Home theatre installations - TV's wall mounted - Phone and data cabling - TV reception service & repairs - Much more...
                            Discounts for PSB members
                            ----------
                            [email protected] - Ph: 0415 425 524 - or PM me

Comment

Yeah Kramer has done his thread... good work

See people look and help where they can you numpty... Now to get it back together. ^_^
                              Sanity is Overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X