SUZUKA 8hr style YZF R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUZUKA 8hr style YZF R1

At last the end of my long build is in sight! I've been modifying this '06 R1 since I bought it new, with the main intent of losing weight and improving handling. Of course that wasn't enough, so over this winter and after riding the '09 R1, I've gone for more power and especially more torque as well. The engine went in last week and hp & nms are up by 15%+. This weekend the swingarm I braced will be painted (3rd time lucky) and installed. Then I will be able to put the bike back on the ground and measure the I.D. of the headstock to get bearings for the adjustable triple clamps. So chassis & engine will be complete, photos will follow. Then, after much stuffing around with dodgy US carbon, the seat unit and solo seat cowl will have a raceplate and clear coat painted on,(different painter) to match the single headlight upper fairing. Then my dream bike WILL be back on the road after 5 months of hurdles. And more pics will follow! I'm hanging for a serious hoon, and looking forward to weighing it on my mates scales, I may be being optimistic but I reckon it's lost 25kgs+.
    Check out the PSB garage for specs if you're interested, otherwise stay tuned... first pics next week.

Thats awesome. How did you go about getting better Torque? this is my only beef with the 04-09
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Most effective were the Akro full sytem, Graves bellmouths, skimmed head and YEC Hi comp gasket, advanced cams and PC III usb.
      Last edited by Carbonar1; 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM. Reason: KANT SPEL

Comment

tease! we want pics!
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Sounds sweet, 25 kgs is be a huge effort for weight reduction on a bike! Though I bet the stock headlights weigh a fair bit just by themselves?

Comment

Probably 2kgs+ each, although I still have one. I Know I lost 4 or more kgs each from the exhaust, the wheels, and the battery. Then there's the brakes & the disks, a small pile of carbon & titanium, and the rest!
            Last edited by Carbonar1; 05-08-2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

hmm i reckopn an endrance bike needs an endurance tank...

but i'm omly saying that to be a bastard, sounds awesome, endurance racing is a great theme for a bike build

Comment

OPP do a 24lt carbon tank for the 04-06 that costs $7000aud and dissolves from the inside when you put fuel into it. Bargain?
                Attached Files

Comment

aluminiums repairable... another plus for beater.

It dissolves?! really?! olololololololol

does look awesome though. Does awesome outweigh dissolving?

Comment

ooo.. carbon kevlar.. only $2000 us though wheres the 7k one?

Comment

My memory isn't what...what..was I talking about? Only $2000 you say? Hmmm.

Comment

Those tanks are so sweet, like the idea of your project.

Comment

Fully sick.

....... Race it! You'd only be able to race Club1000 because of the high spec but it would be fun. Serious commitment there.
                          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

I love it too much to race it, I do the odd trackday on it though, I've got a two day belt around Phillip Island coming up soon! 12,000 revs in sixth, then bang it down two and peel into turn one, no braking...fuckin brilliant. I'm making a club racer out of my stolen/recovered CBR and the suspension, wheels & brakes left over from building the R1. I'll be happy to thrash that mercilessly, with no guilt...

Comment

Pics as promised. Swingarm, shock, wheel & brakes in. New bearings in Ergal triple clamps & front end back together. I went to see the painter & my stuff has been moved down the queue for a big pile of broken plastics, seems like quite a few bikes have gone down this winter! So my paintjob might be a while yet, I'll have to find other bits to polish instead.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X