Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who knows a lot about modding the 2008 ninja(250)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who knows a lot about modding the 2008 ninja(250)?

This is going to be a project bike of mine... I'd love to get at least 60+HP out of this thing or more if I can. Obviously a full exhaust system is going on, getting rejetted, then engine work, then either a turbo or super.. but I'd love some ideas or someone who knows what they're doing to talk me through this. If you know someone who can help me go crazy modifyng a 2008 all-black ninja250, please let me know, b/c I'm gonna do it with good or bad help, but I'd really rather not blow myself up Thanks guys! If youcould recommend another 250 board or forum to go to that might have answers also that'd be great too, thanks again! Also, if you know anyone who knows about electronics, especially electric motors, please let me know there too... I might have another idea to go along with this one!

Is your budget for the engine more or less than $10,000 ?
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

^WHS

I reckon you'd be better off modding the frame for a better engine...

Comment

Originally posted by littlefurious View Post
        This is going to be a project bike of mine... I'd love to get at least 60+HP out of this thing or more if I can. Obviously a full exhaust system is going on, getting rejetted, then engine work, then either a turbo or super.. but I'd love some ideas or someone who knows what they're doing to talk me through this. If you know someone who can help me go crazy modifyng a 2008 all-black ninja250, please let me know, b/c I'm gonna do it with good or bad help, but I'd really rather not blow myself up Thanks guys! If youcould recommend another 250 board or forum to go to that might have answers also that'd be great too, thanks again! Also, if you know anyone who knows about electronics, especially electric motors, please let me know there too... I might have another idea to go along with this one!
        , There is a reason why people don't do it.

So you want a 33hp bike to get to 60hp... why exacly? Buy a RS250 and it will get you the same power.

So dumb my head hurts.

Comment

dude - put some bling bits on it to personalise it, then leave it there.

however - Australian Kawasaki Riders Forum - Powered by vBulletin may help

my 2c
          SUCH IS LIFE

Originally posted by lee
          I hope you choke on a donut, and when you do I'm going to inappropriately hit on your grieving widows.

Comment

i remember seing a guy from the US putting a turbo on his ninja 250r. Last post he did he had everything all sorted out and had videos of a dyno run... BUT... he hadnt hooked the turbo up to the intake yet. Said he was doing base tuning first or something. Then he never posted again.

I know how you feel wanting more out of your 250, i was thinking of it but on a rough estimate it was going to cost over $6000 on parts alone, without fabricating piping, manifolds, intercooler modification etc etc

Decided its 6k best spent on a better bike in a years time. SO now i just try and learn as much from the bike as possible in preparation for a bigger bike.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But if your still keen for it then all the best, ill even lend a hand if you need some help!

Comment

For great justice, take off every Zig.
              FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

wait for your bigger baby. Chassis might not be up to your intentions.
                Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

i spent way too much on my 250R - got 34hp out of it - it was awesome...

Ninja 250R : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums

Ninja 250R - Kawasaki Forums

also dont forget about NOS... way cheaper than a turbo...
                  sigpic
                  http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Assuming you throw a whole shit load of cash at it and somehow get it to 60hp, what are you going to do with it after that?

I can only speak for myself, but i think that most people on here would be thinking why wouldn't you put your riches towards your bigger bike?

Not trying to be a dick, just curious as to your motivation for throwing your hard-earned at a 250cc bike?
                    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Well either way, can someone list some parts that are worth upgrading? Cosmetic wise, i know tire's are a must as the stock ones are pretty crappy (So i've heard).

Comment

You want to know about cosmetic or performance upgrades (no necesarely power upgrades)

Comment

If you've got the money you should consider putting a 2jz-gte in it.

like this^^^

Why settle with 60hp when you can have 1000hp.
                          Last edited by The Acumen; 09-08-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
                            So you want a 33hp bike to get to 60hp... why exacly? Buy a RS250 and it will get you the same power.
                            Really? Does a RS250 produce 60hp?
                            Last edited by not faz; 09-08-2009, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Faz View Post

Really? Does a RS250 produce 60hp?
                              Yep... for what I have seen (dyno runs and looking on the net) they pull a little over 60hp. (most of them with new exhaust and jetted though)

They advertised for 70hp (crank)

Comment

Working...
                              X