FZR400 3TJ slooow build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FZR400 3TJ slooow build

Well this is my ' get banned and keep sane ' project . First things first, she's a last generation FZR400 (but not the SP ), that i picked up cheap enough, but not running. I always loved these when they came out, and i was riding a AR50 dreaming of bigger things ! Most parts seem to be there, and in a fairly average condition. Motor doesn't fire and everything seems to point to the soft from factory inlet valves. Plan's are to clean up, paint anything that will look better painted and replace what needs replacing really, and i really want to fit a YZF600 thundercat engine, and maybe a R6 shock, oh yeah and better adjustable forks and and well you get the picture. Got any parts ? got any ideas ? got any input ? let me know^_^
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 2wheels; 10-08-2009, 09:36 PM.
    Wheel Up, Knee Down

stroked and bored 535cc rz350 motor?
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

there was a guy on here that was chucking the rz motor into a fzr frame before i think?

Comment

Great place to start..... Yeh, pity about the inlet valves on this generation of Fizzer. We used to sponsor a couple of fella's on FZR 600's that proddy raced and, while they both did it, you could set one up at .25mm clearance on the inlet valves and it would have 0 ( or there abouts )after 5 races. This was a lot better on the 'Cat which was ( and still is ) a great little bike all round. Got plenty of 7.48mm shims if you want to to do your clearances and need to exchange some.

Comment

Seen these with the fzr600 and cbr918 motor. You have to think about the fireblade swap I posted a thread on it a few months ago, will find it tommorow.
          Last edited by Satan1; 14-08-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks Satan1, yeah heard rumours myself. I read of a guy in the UK that put a bored out CBR600 ( 720 ) into one so head is spinning with ideas. Fzr1000ru could be made to fit also but the weight would start to be a problem.
            Wheel Up, Knee Down

Comment

Cool project - will be following it....
              What are you doing with the old engine?

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e-motor-78705/

Doeeettt

Comment

Funny you mention this, as i get PB send over every month and after, lend them out...now need to get back to re read on this story ( he's in australia, isn't he ? ). Gavin, thanks mate and i'll let you know mate, Lorenz, not sure at mo, it has 53,000k but seems pretty good, i'll let you know too !
                  Wheel Up, Knee Down

Comment

I new ya Couldn't resist 2heels i'll Drop it (pb)off tomorrow

The guy in here has the FZR with
                    thundercat 600 engine
                    gixer 750 forks
                    brakes from a 600 srad
                    zx6 shock
                    05 cbr 600 bodywork and a R6 exhaust

Gonna have ya self an awesome track tool

Comment

If you're going to chop it around that much, it'd be easier to get an R6, wouldn't it?
                      “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Why does someone always mention this sort of crap everytime someone wants to fuck around with their bike??

Maybe he will get a bit of enjoyment by the whole process? If all anyone ever did was just buy whatevers available, it'd be a pretty boring community. I love seeing projects like this take shape.

Comment

Originally posted by SPman View Post
                          If you're going to chop it around that much, it'd be easier to get an R6, wouldn't it?
                          I like the sound of having a 1:1 hp/weight ratio with 150 neddies ^_^

And it's worth doing because you can.

Edit: sorry 2wheels didn't realize the pb link was outdated. But the march 09 issue should be the one

Comment

RZ Motor... Hur Hur Hur...

Comment

I agree with Wigarus - good to see more people going out there and doing stuff out of the ordinary. Would be pretty boring if everyone just bought stock machines...I for one would like to see how awesome this will turn out...

(1:1 power to weight sounds mighty fun )

Comment

Working...
                              X