Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafe' Duke

OK,
    So i guess i have probably progressed enough to start a thread.
    Started life as butchered 79SD mocked up in an 82MHR fairing.Click image for larger version

Name:	Duke 011.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	4913792

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duke 013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	4913793

Mocked up all glass ware, eventually. Waited 6 months for the fuel that really slowed things up. Couldnt mount the seat with out it.

Name:	Duke 003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	4864889

Comment

Cool bike - can't wait to see what it ends up like...
      More piccies! More info! More everything please...

Comment

Completely stripped now,
        Half the engine at the polishers, wheels at the powder coaters. And the rest on its way back together. (Frame blasted and painted in Gun Metal Grey)

Name:	Duke 007.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	4864890

Oh and my brakes arrived today EBC floating replacements for the old cast items, these are way trick.

Name:	Duke 009.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	4864891

Comment

Sweet!! Perdition is going to love this project

Comment

Rear lights on! A bit of old skool meets new skool. The little round button indicators match the round curves of the old girl, I dont know how they comply though.........

Name:	Duke 016.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	4864940

And my Clipons arrived

Name:	Duke 017.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	4864941

Comment

Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
              Sweet!! Perdition is going to love this project
              Oh hello

love the grey frame - awesome stuff

looking good, may i suggest you make some sort of bracket up, to mount a reflector below your number plate

Comment

looking good, may i suggest you make some sort of bracket up, to mount a reflector below your number plate [/quote]

gawd, i better make some up for mine, off to a bicyicle,fuck, deadly treadly shop.

nice start of a build thread

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Cheers guys,
                  Perdition, I guess the reflector is another part of compliance i am lacking, In the rear lights department?
                  How much greif has anybody experienced with over active law enforcement?

Comment

^ If it's already licensed then forget about it, if you have to take it over the pits then you'll need something

Comment

trust me a rear reflector fitted to a fender eliminator can sometimes make all the difference

Comment

Originally posted by perdition View Post
                        trust me a rear reflector fitted to a fender eliminator can sometimes make all the difference

+1 Does make a difference.

Comment

Sweet, now you gotta work on it asap cause i wanna see the finish But take your time, make it hell schmicko, then get someone to have a look over and make sure it will pass the pit's(if it needs to be), no point paying the cost's to go over the pits to find out your missing something like a reflector, like said above, now is it?
                          Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

I am lucky its already licensed and will be staying that way. I will take a punt on my maturity as motorcycle enthusiast (Old prick) to sweet talk (F*CK me copper, its genuine, straight of the production line) the local constabulary if the need arises

Comment

Perdition,
                              Nice Avatar change, I hope thats real? well no i dont then i will be jealous

Comment

Working...
                              X