It lives !! The BLOWN12 snarls back into life RRREOWWW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It lives !! The BLOWN12 snarls back into life RRREOWWW

About a year and a half back, the bike developed an oil leak from the base gasket.
    So after the drag season closed in early 2008, the bike was parked up and pretty much ignored while I focused on getting the green bike done and finished.
    Then after much ...well... procrastination, Rock Hard opened up a slot at Motorcycle Masters to open her up and change out the base gasket.
    At the same time he gave the bores a hone as there was some glazing which he felt was probably from not running it in properly.

Now, I don't like to accuse anyone of anything but from about the first 25k's of it's life, RockHard ripped about 37 boost wheelies everytime he rode the fucking thing ! Which was often ! So I'm not sure how it is that he gets to point the finger at me !!

Anyway, after a year and a half of poor excuses, the big banger is back up and running.
    Aside from the minor issue of me buying a final drive chain that is too short, it's ready to hit the road again.

R/H has made me promise that no boosting will be done for at least two tanks of fuel. Which pretty much means I cant let that fucker anywhere near it !

Anyway, here she is, my heart skips a beat.....sigh

Hey did you know the drags start up again next week ?
    Better make them small tanks of fuel.

CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

AWESOME BIKE! i would like to see what it could do!
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

i pulled out the old copy of rapid the other day and flicked through to see this again.

good to see it come back to life!

Comment

Beautiful bike, I'd love to see it in action at the drags sometime

Comment

This bike makes me happy in my pants.

Still have plans of converting it to injection?
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Sweet .. Got ya searchlight back on the road

Comment

was this bike featured in rapid?
              a similar looking bike won an award for home modified bike of the year, or similar.
              -never play hopscotch with a unicorn-

Comment

yup Rowdy, that's the one
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Just in case your not sick of hearing it: Fucking loverly, hope to see it in anger this season at the drags!

Comment

Originally posted by ROWDY View Post
                    was this bike featured in rapid?
                    a similar looking bike won an award for home modified bike of the year, or similar.
                    congrats rocket !!

i see your green machine is in the latest edition of rapid with the promise of a fuller article to come
                    just after brittania in the mag

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

B/F no plans for injection. As long as it still goes good with carbs, I'll dare to be different. Besides, I have my new four wheeled project in the shed that will keep me poor for a while yet.

The bike picked up Rapid Bike Modified Bike of the Year which is basically a peoples choice type award. Fucking proud of that I am !
                      The bike is nowhere near the standard of Extreme Creations and Bikecraft bikes it was up against but I think the fact that anyone could build this bike at home if they tried was probably why it took the gong.

Yeah Potato, I'd better get my new billet engine covers on from Rated R, get the tune up done for the N20 and possibly give it a wash.
                      CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

Sweet

Moar pics are in order i believe?

Also, it wasnt broken, merely taking a holiday, and pretending to be broken.
                        Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket View Post
                          The bike picked up Rapid Bike Modified Bike of the Year which is basically a peoples choice type award. Fucking proud of that I am !
                          As you should be mate.
                          Just out of interest, why won't it seal the rings properly on boost, is there that much boost that it's causing blow by?

Comment

Silly question maybe, but is it licenced? Or is that on the to do list?
                            Reason I ask is there is a certain ride on next week that we would all love to see it on.
                            Can you help with foster care?
                            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Yep it's licensed.

Comment

Working...
                              X