No announcement yet.

Help please! Kawasaki Zx6 part wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please! Kawasaki Zx6 part wanted.

Do not know exactly where to put it but I thought this would be the better option.
    I do look after her bike and have been so for a fair while.
    Hence putting it here.
    I am repairing a ZX6 1997 Kawasaki for a very well known member here on PSB who has done some amazing work for PSB.
    Her fuel pump has given the goast and her, not being to cashed up, a bill for the new one is might be to steep.
    I was just quoted 405 bucks!!
    Has someone one laying arround that they want to sell to her/me so her only form of transport will be back in service.

Find-a-part?

Comment

At work we stock about 70 different fuel pumps for EFI.
      I just looked at pumps to suit Carby applications and we had a few. Head office in Sydney say that a Peirburg 7.21440.53.0 pump will do the job. A google search shows that someone fitted one to a Honda AT.
      Pump spec can be found here http://www.wilmink.nl/pierburg/Pierb...stofpompen.pdf
      If the system can deal with 7psi it should be ideal.
      PSB price $110 plus gst. (new unit sealed in box)
      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

PSB is amazing I did not see this while typing that.
        Is there an other item that can substitute for this?
        I know that a fuel pump of a certain ducati is the same as a Ford falcon!!
        so , this being a carbie version and therefore does not need a lotta preasure another one can be doing just as well.

Comment

do not as yet know the required fuel preasure that this OEM part supplies.
          it seems that the relay is buggered and not a servisable item??
          gonna rip it apart and see what that brings.
          In the mean time more sugestions are more than welcome.

Comment

Factory pump is 2psi

Comment

Have a ZX7 diagram on my PC, and if it is the same on the ZX6 then even though they call it a relay, it is drawn and connected as a junction circuit using diodes. No relay contacts.
              Function seems straighforward. Could build one from scratch if stuck

Comment

Yammy I'll chip in $20 if you need it, I saw the bike the other night and thought it might need some work.

Dubs

Comment

Tizz a Mitsubishi part and I can look at the relay as in the photo.
                  Now the hunt is on!!
                  Bits missing part, bet you a pound of horseshit there be thousands hidding in magna's for fuck all!
                  Yep looked at my ZX7 manual and looks very similair to say the least fuel preasure 1.3 to 2.5 bar or somewhere there abouts.
                  Last edited by Jamathi; 31-08-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                    Yammy I'll chip in $20 if you need it, I saw the bike the other night and thought it might need some work.

Dubs
                    All good Dubsy we will cover it somehow and the placeyou saw it did some repairs bodywise out the goodness of his hart.
                    That is the PSB motto!

Of I go hunting this bits missing part Hii ha!
                    jamathi on a mission is FUN!!
                    Hopefully some other members can do the same later on and not being robbed of 400+ smackers!
                    Last edited by Jamathi; 31-08-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

A few phonecalls later;
                      7 psi would be too high and cause possible flooding.
                      2 psi is the maximum.
                      I already had an Air Bag coming in from Sydney so I have ordered a few extra pumps to put in stock here. Regardless of need we will now carry pumps to suit 2psi carby aplications.
                      This means we can supply a new pump that will also work on a CBR250
                      PSB pricing for the 2 psi pump will be $85 plus GST

Comment

Thats not a relay, its a fuel pump.
                        The contacts close activating the magnetic coil. Solenoid moves out. At full movement contacts open and spring pushes solenoid back. Solenoid is connected to pump diaphragm. Diaphragm moves back and forward to pump fuel.

Comment

if you dont want to go new jam[i would] i think theres a magna or 2 up on a farm here in toodyay
                          sadly i wont find out till tommorow

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                            if you dont want to go new jam[i would] i think theres a magna or 2 up on a farm here in toodyay
                            sadly i wont find out till tommorow
                            Carby Magnas use a mechanical (camshaft) driven pump

Comment

ach, that wont help then !!

cheers mr darkfibre for your help.

ive sourced a falcon fuel pump for my ducati and hoping that does the trick.
                              if it doesnt may i call on you for another

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Working...
                              X