This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZXR EuroFighter

Hey ppl, i just thought id share my project on the forums here, its been on going for quite a while and hopefully she should be ready to ride soon, just a few more things to do, The bike started out life as a Standard ZXR 750, once she is ridable the next stage will be an engine transplant, then the only original ZXR parts will be the frame and Fuel tank.

I dont have alot of free time so when ever i do, i try and work on the never ending project.

Mods so far:
    Rear tail off a 07 cbr600rr Race bike (not modified as of yet, going for that High euro tail look)
    R1 swinger 05 (using the R1 bolts and brackets, changed out the spring with ZXR one)
    Polisport headlight unit, (just on there temp, have ordered a "Lampenmaske" for it)
    K&N filter (lol bought it like that)
    Renthal Fat bars (custom mounts made for it)
    Acewell Dash (not installed yet)
    R1 Rear wheel (not installed yet)
    07 Honda 600rr Subframe (to be chopped up to suit the tail)
    Some things coated black (more to come)
    Extended front brake line (not installed yet)
    Gold chain (not installed yet)

Things to come:
    Gold Rear sets
    ZX9r motor swap
    Updated levers with the billet containers
    Oil cooler
    Exhaust (not shure wheather to route it up under the tail, or leave it as is with a tip.
    Lights and indicators

Get my Bike licence haha.

This is when i first got it.

The next stage

Here are pics of it as she currently sits.

Last edited by Achtung; 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM.

WTF is up with that tail?
    Am I the only one who thinks that the "Euro" (German) streetfighter tail is possibly the most ugly, pathetic thing to ever grace a bike?

Comment

awesome, love the crazy German style kicked-up tail, it's completely mental

keep us informed with the rest of the build
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Looks wild haha

Good choice of swingarm, it's a sexy unit

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
          Am I the only one who thinks that the "Euro" (German) streetfighter tail is possibly the most ugly, pathetic thing to ever grace a bike?
          Tail is off a CBR 600RR not custom, in the photos its not fixed to the bike yet, its just sitting on the standard subframe making it look really high, once i get the CBR subframe i will do some cutting and grinding.

Comment

Are you aiming for the "bitch on heat" arse in the air Euro look though?

Comment

Are you aiming for the "bitch on heat" arse in the air Euro look though?
              Yes that would be the look, not as drastic, something a little more easy on the eyes.

Comment

Fair call, not my style at all but each to their own mate.
                I appreciate the time and effort you have put into it, top marks.

Comment

some nice fab if it comes off

will look tight when you've finished

Dubs

Comment

I'm liking the project dude, looks hot. Reckon you could give us a run-down of the rest of the bits and pieces on her?
                    Also, what are your plans for the exhaust?

C'mon dude, give it a rest. It's cool that you have opinions, and that's fine, but this is kinda like if I came over to your place and then started harping on about how much I don't like babies and toddlers. There's times and places where it's not appropriate to air your opinions, and an obviously keen (and it definitely looks as though he has something to offer the forum, as far as fabrication advice goes) newbie's build thread isn't either.
                    FTP

Comment

WHS ^^

There's having an opinion and just being outright rude. You know how offended you get when people criticise a Duc's looks or styling, so show some respect and treat others how you'd like to be treated Jim.

You can voice an opinion without being blatantly rude.

I agree with you Desmo in that it's not my cup of tea, but i'm impressed with the work and detail involved, quite a bit of skill needed IMO to pull it off.

Comment

There is always some one with a negative comment, usually ignorance because they don't understand what they are looking at.

Choppers- styled after.....choppers
                        Sports Bikes styled after....umm sports bikes/racers
                        Scooters styled after.....scooters

Fighters styled after....fighters, all the big companies have built fighters including Ducati. Some have even called the Streetfighters.

You obviously don't care what other people think or you would have stuck a set of MX bars and some twin spots on yours and said "fighter!"

Not my cup of tea (the female on heat-scorpion-no pillions/hot chicks seat) but I think thats a awseome start. What about an adjustable seat. One position for riding, one for show? it has been done. less hassle from the filth. I have some spare bits I wont be using like digital speedos bar end mirrors etc if you want to have a look I can send you some pics.

Comment

Cool. Good work.

How'd the R1 swinger fit up ? did you have to shim it or did it just drop in.

Id be keen for more info on your build mate
                          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

^^^ WHS

also digging that tail mate, will look awesome once is finished,
                            -never play hopscotch with a unicorn-

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys,

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                              I'm liking the project dude, looks hot. Reckon you could give us a run-down of the rest of the bits and pieces on her?
                              Also, what are your plans for the exhaust?

C'mon dude, give it a rest. It's cool that you have opinions, and that's fine, but this is kinda like if I came over to your place and then started harping on about how much I don't like babies and toddlers. There's times and places where it's not appropriate to air your opinions, and an obviously keen (and it definitely looks as though he has something to offer the forum, as far as fabrication advice goes) newbie's build thread isn't either.
                              The exhaust will most probably come up through the seat, just trying to source some parts atm so i can continue on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X