KTM Super mono build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTM Super mono build.

While coming back from a race meet and waiting for a plane and time to have a think, an Idea was formed.
    The 560cc KTM engine in a TZR frame with a custom fairing to make a Supermono track bike.
    Have the donk, have the frame and other bits and have a set of 929 forks.
    Then one of my companions, Ritzler, did buy the current Rapid mag and I did have a ,cheap skate, look in there,
    What do we see??
    An article of a 520cc KTM single in a 250cc style ,custom made, frame painted in Red Bull GP colours! !!:o
    I sadly cannot find any pictures of this build nor any other likeminded stuff other than lots on the Ducati LE bike.
    So, the KTM is no longer for sale!!and the TZR bits are being dusted off.
    Now the preasure will be on finnishing the RG

Go Jamathi, its a great idea and one that had me pretty enthralled reading the article.

I know what I might end up trying to do if I end up blowing up my RGV's motor.
    In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Yeah boy now you are talking, do it.

Comment

Sounds like a good project - will be watching this with interest

Comment

Shoehorn.
          A fairly boring word when talking about shoes and feet, but a fairly exciting one when referring to bikes and engines

Comment

Last edited by debaser; 08-09-2009, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Well here is the donor bike and the frame is in the shed together with all the suspension etc.
              I will put a complete different fairing on it to make it look lile a GP/race bike.
              Debaser, is the picture above the same one that I got off you?
              And did that have a Yammy 600cc stuffed in it?

Comment

yes and yes.

Comment

Coooool.

Looking forward to this, so you are going modern fairings?

Comment

Jamathi what are you doinf with all the ktm dirt stuff, forks etc ?

Comment

These were big series back in the mid 90's! Mosat of the ones I saw used TZ type chassis mainly 125's. They were great to watch shame the series died

MM

Comment

Still big in europe, uno series

Comment

Well the TZR frame is almost exactly the same as the TZ production racers and only needs a better front end and longer swing arm plus a copy TZ race fairing of Airtech or the like, then Potato can do his magic once again.
                          The other frame (only) I was/is considering is one of a Honda 250 VTR to get close to the one in the magazine, thiose people did build their own which I think is not nesesary due to so many different frames available.

Comment

Originally posted by debaser View Post
                            Jamathi what are you doinf with all the ktm dirt stuff, forks etc ?
                            will be selling it.

You are thinking of building one of these?? TZ750 smoker Kenny Roberts was even scared of riding it!!

Comment

selling it for huge profit ??

Comment

Working...
                              X