Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha DT-80 Resto

Hey all,

After reading thru some of the Resto Threads, ive finally decided to get off my ass, and strip and rebuild my lil old school bike in my garage. She is a 1974 Yahama DT-80, Still kickovers, and hustles along nicely.

When i first got her.

As she currently sits after 30 mins

If anyone wants to come round, sink piss, and help out,(or tell me what im doing wrong), feel free to drop a line.

Cheers

Lynx

Would live to give yo a hand and have a beer if time allows. They had gp 80's I will google some pics to enspire

Comment

Your frame would easily be adapted to this shape easy.
      Last edited by debaser; 08-09-2009, 08:01 PM.

Comment

lol awesome, i didnt even know they did them, cause i was thinking cafe racer originally, as the bike was originally road registered.

Comment

The first one I posted is real close to yours, rear sets etc would be easy. Yould be a cool cheap project.

The frame is spot on the wheels look spot on you just need a tank and bum and fairing.

YAMAHA TA 125 1974, TA125, AHRMA, VINTAGE RACING, TZ 125, 250, 750, TA, TD, YSR, RD 350, 400, LC, RZ, SR 500, FZ 700, FZR 600, 750, 1000, FAZER, YZF 600 R6, 1000 R1, CONVERSION KIT, REBODY, RACE, DRAG BIKE

This stuff is not cheap but a good example of what you would need.

Comment

http://www.meadspeed.com/products/yamaha/ta125

everything but a tank on this site. cheaper too.

Comment

http://www.classic-motorcycle-fiberglass.com/stock.htm

These guys are local and have lots of stuff

Comment

Make something like this

Comment

All i'll say to that last one, is...WTF? and who let the owner near a bike. Debaser, where abouts you live anywayz?

Comment

Nah that last one would be a fuckin blast to ride
                    Originally posted by Amac
                    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

i dont deny it looks fun, but it also wins the plain ugly award. Looking at the pedal arrangment, they look like the line up with the rear pillion pegs, for the rear brake would be an easy mod, but wonder how the set it up for the gearbox?
                      Last edited by Lynx_250; 08-09-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Bassendean. Got most tools if you get stuck hobby welder etc

Comment

That is one very cool little bike! Keep it original
                          Knee down on a giant lobster..

Comment

Fun looking project - just out of curiosity, how much power does that thing put down?
                            I reckon you could do something really cool with, be it some kind of racer or whatever.

Looking forward to seeing what direction you take this.

Comment

Funnily enough, my neighbour just got given one of these! His seems almost identical, bar it says KD on the side, which would lead me to believe it's a KD80?

I was looking to buy it from him to do exactly this! looking forward to seeing updates

Comment

Working...
                              X