GSX-R 2nd gear problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX-R 2nd gear problems

Ive go a K1 GSX-R 750! BUT, theres some thing wrong with my second gear. As im accelerating hard in second, at about 7-10 thou RPM something lets go, and then clicks back in almost imediately. I doubt its the cluth because that would be slipping. Where this is pretty jerky and rough. Has any one had this sort of problem or herd of something similar?
    i got told that it may be jumping in and out of gear. Prob an expensive exercise to fix if so.
    Any thoughts will be appreciated :?

And now you know another reason why I'll never buy a Suzuki again.

To many problems. The 2nd gear prob is one that has haunted the GSXR for years, just ask Gonz1 and many of the people on Gixxer.com

Ain't much you can do about it bro! Sorry.

Comment

I think most bikes fall in to some problems later down the track. . .

But I did love how my CBR250RR would auto drop back at times from 3rd to 2nd, damn it was like a rush back in those days :twisted: :roll:

Comment

My cbr900 used to do that, Ended up replacing 4 gears :/

Comment

My dads bike has got that exact prob - a suzi RF900R - under hard gas in 2nd it woops itself and goes into a false neutral and then back to second, thats why he doesnt use 2nd much, and he cant keep his wheelies up as long as he'd like, not quite sure what the exact problem is but i heard it was a broken spring in clutch or gearbox...
          I was raised on the Dairy....Bitch

Comment

Ahh having problems keeping the front wheel down?

Sounds like you bent the gear selector or even killed a couple cats and dogs on the gears. EVERY bike YES campo even ur beloved SP1 will have this problem if you don't treat em nice

Damn blame Gixxers heheh.. My CBR900 had this as well.. any bike that has been wheelied on a regular basis will get this eventually.. no1 said bikes are cheap hehe
            Will you insure me?!

Comment

Wat Frag said *points up*

Do you do many first to second gear wheelies?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Ahh having problems keeping the front wheel down?

Sounds like you bent the gear selector or even killed a couple cats and dogs on the gears. EVERY bike YES campo even ur beloved SP1 will have this problem if you don't treat em nice
                Hey I've treated my baby so sweet all through her life since I've had her, now pushing 40000kms and still not missing a beat....'cept the battery, but that needs a new one, no surprise there!

Comment

my 02 busa did that too but , i adjusted the lever so in was in & no more problems ,
                  the 97 was abused like all hell & no problems at all so i dun no.

Comment

Gsxr 1000

i have a GSXR 1000 5/02 k2 2nd gear problem. Exaclty the same as you are stating. Took it to get waranty work done turns out 2nd gear is breaking loose. Suzuki australia said rider abuse with out even pullin it apart. This is coming from a pen pusher 3000 km's away. approx $2500 to fix if i am to pay. in conctact with suzuki and consume affairs stating this is a common problem and shouldnt have to pay. Looking at buying ZX10R because of the dealing with suzuki spread the word.......

Comment

Hrmm I would argue that.

Its not Suzuki its the Bike shop u took it to. They report on the damage.

I have had my Fork Sleeves replaced on the K1, The 1st/2nd gears as they were stripped of hardening layer and the gear selector I think all under warranty with out so much as a blink of an eye.

Thats almost $3000 worth of work.

So yeah take it to another shop. I had mine done at LLoyd Chapmans (love em or hate em) So yeah don't go blasting suzook just yet.

Which shop did you take it to?
                      Place where you buy all your shit from?
                      ?? I suppose this is where customer Loyalty etc comes into play no matter which shop u frequent.

EDIT:
                      Also do you do many wheelies? Clutch them or tourque em up? Clutchless shift into 2nd?

If you do this shitloads esp with a 160ps engine something will give if you don;t do it right. You think the ZX10 will hold up that much better? Sides I'd wait till the next years ZX10 comes out as new models always have some misc probs like my K1 did although thats all sussed and sorted now.
                      Will you insure me?!

Comment

To many problems. The 2nd gear prob is one that has haunted the GSXR for years, just ask Gonz1 and many of the people on Gixxer.com
                        what are you on biach, dont be disn mi gixxa, i love em and always will, when mine whent my GSXR600, 97, had over 45 thousand Ks of pure torture, what a woman
                        now i ride a frign HONDA 929 and its had a problem with second gear since the day i rode it home with 2000Ks on it, and your my witness biach, hahahahaha...what do ya say to that, hehehehehe...and you know its true dude:evil:

anyways, when i whent to get a price to get the gixxer fixed, it was too exspensive so i upgraded to what i liked....yes past tense...liked to call "HOLY SHIT, I THINK I LEFT MY BALLS BACK AT THE LIGHTS WHEN I ACCELERATED BIKE" .....OWHHHH.....what i would pay to get another GSXR1000, but its cool, ill be back on one soon enough, but for those of you who think that you can jump off a 250 straight onto a 1Lt bike,....well all i can say is good luck my friends, good luck :shock:

i think if you were lucky enough to hang out with yoda, then and only then would you be strong enough to use "THE FORCE" to handle and tame these beast's

CAUTION: 1000cc motorcycles are addictive

Comment

Working...
                        X