Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki GSX250F across, trunk lid not opening

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you could help me out.
    Since i've owned the across, the trunk lid doesn't open when i put key all the way to the right in barrel. I've always manual overrided it by removing seat then pushing in latch with a screwdriver.

My question is, What do i look for to fix this issue? I did some research and found there is a solenoid to control this latch, how can i test that it could be the solenoid?

Thanks for any input.

solenoids work by magnets dont they ? when power is applied the magnet is actived and it pulls. u could find out the voltage of the solenoid and apply that to it directly. strange it has a solenoid though normaly it would be a hook with a spring.

Comment

It's definitely a solenoid, and should work off 12V.

I sold my across 10 years ago, so my memory is a little bit fuzzy. Send goofy a PM, he might know more than I do (which isn't hard)
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Mellow Fridge View Post
        It's definitely a solenoid, and should work off 12V.

I sold my across 10 years ago, so my memory is a little bit fuzzy. Send goofy a PM, he might know more than I do (which isn't hard)
        So what exactly do i do? Never attempted anything of the sort before? I only know cars, not bikes lol. How do i run 12V to the solenoid?
        Whose goofy?

Excuse my ignorance :\

Comment

find the + terminal of the solenoid and put a wire from your battery to it then just ground the - terminal to your frame or engine. if it works it should make a click "i think"

Comment

Cheers mate, i'll give it a go

Comment

Working...
            X