Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag in throttle response

Hi all.

I own a CBR 1000RR '05. there is a minor lag in the throttle response from take off.
    i have heard a few different answers as to where the problem may situate. also, a few different solutions.
    - build up/blockage in the air filter
    - dyno tuning

has this happened to anyone that could maybe assist before i start looking in the wrong area?

Too much throttle cable freeplay?

Comment

Think the last thou I rode was an 05 CBR and that was normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
        Too much throttle cable freeplay?
        thanks, i'll keep that in mind

And i was told that this problem was consistent in Blackbirds, not really Fireblades

Comment

What's the engine 'doing' while its lagging? Does it sound like it tries to go or is there no difference to cruising until more twist is applied? (trying to work out whether it's the engine itself or the signal to the engine.)

is the lag the same when you twist from 2k as opposed to 6k?

air filters are usually easy to clean if you have the service manual so that's something you could cross of your list early.

Comment

from the initial twist, the engine is not working for a split second, then a rigid jerk into the revs. so i would assume the signal to the engine.

i havnt noticed a lag once the revs are turning whether it was at 2k or 6k.

on a mods note... can i change the air filter to get a lil more out of the bike?

Comment

Originally posted by BoilRice View Post
              from the initial twist, the engine is not working for a split second, then a rigid jerk into the revs. so i would assume the signal to the engine.

on a mods note... can i change the air filter to get a lil more out of the bike?
              Wpuldn't you first sort out the issues you got now, before you think of performance mods? The genuine honda airfilters are actualy very good and provide good airflow to the engine. Do you have any mods done to your bike? PCIII or the like? Have you got a quick action throttle or original? When was your last service? What condition is the bike in overall? Look for the simple fixes first, like a good service, or as mentioned above, how much slack is in the throttle cables?
              SP RACINGis supported by:
              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

yes stephan, mods is future speaking.
                i have an after market titanium Hindle exhaust. apart from that all is pretty much standard.
                its definitely due for a service which brings me to ask if anyone can make a recommendation for a service. someone who will look into the small gaps and dont just want your money. RILUSI's sounded genuine but now closed down. does he still run a dyno though?

only has cosmetic damage due to the retarded transport company i employed to bring my bike from Queensland dropping it!! (long story!)

Comment

From that, it sounds exactly like too much free play in your throttle cables. you twist a bit, takes up the slack, then opens your throttle bodies and off you go. they run a full cable system, so there is no signal to speak of, its all mechanical linkage. If you are not sure how to check or adjust it, send me a pm, im just round the corner from you in ballajura, happy to have a look for you, if thats not the issue, at least its free and easy to rule it out.

Comment

RILUSI's sounded genuine but now closed down. does he still run a dyno though?
                    Maybe/maybe not Could be the exhaust playing up with things as Hindle are known to be quite free flowing exhaust (on BB's anyway )
                    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                    Originally posted by Phildo
                    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                    Originally posted by filbert
                    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                      From that, it sounds exactly like too much free play in your throttle cables. you twist a bit, takes up the slack, then opens your throttle bodies and off you go. they run a full cable system, so there is no signal to speak of, its all mechanical linkage. If you are not sure how to check or adjust it, send me a pm, im just round the corner from you in ballajura, happy to have a look for you, if thats not the issue, at least its free and easy to rule it out.
                      wow Sean thats a very generous offer. thanks. i sent u a PM

Comment

Working...
                      X