Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2005 R6 only has 104hp does this seem down a bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2005 R6 only has 104hp does this seem down a bit?

Hey y'all,

Can anyone give me an idea of what a 2005 R6 with an akro pipe, standard air filter and power commander should produce?

I had it dyno + tuned by the bike doctor and they got 104.5hp out of it but i just read that stock they were supposed to have 130hp with direct air induction and 118hp without. I am not sure if mine has direct air induct or not, its a rossi special if that means anything to you...

thinking it is normal for engines to loose a bit of power over time but it is only max 6 years old and has been well looked after and has not done excessive kms.

Any comments or thoughts would be appriciated!

D.

130 is a calculated crank HP and what you would have measured would be at the rear wheel so is most likely correct at 104HP
    RR VRT #100
    Sponsors Wanted.
    Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
    A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

You're confusing power at the flywheel (manufacturers claim) with power at the wheels (as measured on the dyno).

So your result sounds about right.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

sorry 2 hear bro

Comment

i think when mine was done it was at 107ish
            Master of the missed signals

Comment

Remember kids, there is no replacement for displacement.
              Originally posted by Ferris
              I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Fail. Stat sheet floppy.

Comment

My 07 R6 read 104rwhp during the last PSB dynoshoot at Cooch's (since closed). I had some additional work done to it, and had dyno'd as 124 rwhp at Patto's in Bunbury (I know it increased by about 8hp from the tune it had prior to going to Patto's), and with some more work, 120rwhp at Dynotime in Wangara (an additional 3hp from the tune done by Patto's).

Different Dyno's, different values. Additionally, you should not compare Manufacturers power claims vs rwhp claims from a Dyno.

If you want to compare it to other bikes, the only way you can do it is to have both bikes at the same dyno at the same time. Otherwise the Dyno is purely a tuning tool to make sure that your A:F ratio's are correct, rather than an outright measure of you bikes power.....
                  Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

It does seem a little low, a friend has the same bike with the same mods and it made a measured 114. But see what BlackFZR said above.

Comment

Seeing the GP2 bikes are only putting out 125rwhp, an 05 at 104 seems about normal. Most new ones tested at 99-105.
                      “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                        My 07 R6 read 104rwhp during the last PSB dynoshoot at Cooch's (since closed). I had some additional work done to it, and had dyno'd as 124 rwhp at Patto's in Bunbury (I know it increased by about 8hp from the tune it had prior to going to Patto's), and with some more work, 120rwhp at Dynotime in Wangara (an additional 3hp from the tune done by Patto's).

Different Dyno's, different values. Additionally, you should not compare Manufacturers power claims vs rwhp claims from a Dyno.

If you want to compare it to other bikes, the only way you can do it is to have both bikes at the same dyno at the same time. Otherwise the Dyno is purely a tuning tool to make sure that your A:F ratio's are correct, rather than an outright measure of you bikes power.....
                        ^^^^^^^^ This. Where did you get it dyno'ed at? I suppose the best way to get higher HP reading would probably be to take it to a Patos in Bunbury. I've known of a few guys who have got good readings down there. Of couse what BlackFZR said is correct. The actual HP readings that a Dyno makes is really irrelevant (although we do like to see our bike's produce big numbers). The advantage of them is to compare the numbers before and after mods.

Comment

Working...
                        X