Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Fz6s aftermarket pipes

so sup psb.
    i recently acquired a 2006 Fz6s but it has the stock pipes. this is a serious problem as bad ass level is directly related to exhaust note on the cool-o-metre. now the obvious solution to this is buy a set of slip-ons, but i heard from a wrecker that some aftermarket pipes can cause paint fading due to heat and even cause the back tail light to black out :o does anyone have experience with this bike that can confirm this for me OR recommend a bad ass set of pipes (so far looking to get arkopovic).

also its nice to be back and im looking forward to bringing the new toy on some rides ^_^
    Originally posted by nipPs
    Fuck Oath!

Especially when you're playing Race-the-Train down the freeway.

Yer they do this. we put the two brother carbon pipes on my uncles to replace the stainless set he had the carbon stays a bit cooler over the stainless but it's still worth investing in a heat sheild or if u are good with tinkering u can build your own
    “Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    Hunter S. Thompson

“Everyone looks good riding a motorcycle, although for some, it requires a full-face helmet.”

Comment

ahh yes i see. i mean the stock exhaust note is still pretty nice but it is just missing the whole "hear my motorbike coming from 500m down the road" effect that you need in a bike.
      are the heat shields expensive to get and would there be any custom fab work involved to fit them in with the pipes or am i over thinking this a bit too much (dont want to damage the bike is all)
      Originally posted by nipPs
      Fuck Oath!

Especially when you're playing Race-the-Train down the freeway.

Comment

Working...
      X