Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprintex supercharger ??

Hey all

on my supercharging quest across the net. I've come across a company . Based in
    oz called sprintex .
    They make superchargers For the vrod
    also adapted them for ducati's
    and
    made 1 up for an sv1000 witch puts out apparintly 190+hp 70+hp
    on stock !!

From what I've herd far as the. Sv1000 imternls go 140hp is about it ....seing mines round 110hp Could be another option
    to weigh up

qustions would be cost of doin it?? And has any body seen 1 ??0
    IF ITS TO LOUD ! YOUR TOO OLD

Cost would be a lot. I would say you wouldn't get change out of 10-15k

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

You'll get more value for money with the fans..
      Originally posted by slipin
      IF ITS TO LOWED ! YOUR TOO OLD

Comment

I have played with a few sprintex powered vehicles, serious pieces of gear but expensive by the time they are installed.

Just in case you are thinking of running them via an electric motor, don't think of fan motors instead think of starter motors.

If you can afford it, it would be an awesome project (belt driven)
        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Just spoke to mike at sprintex and yeah 1400 for the charger and a shit load to custom fit it !! But he was interested in the fan option and asked me to tell him if the worked out ..

Comment

Originally posted by Slipin View Post
            And has any body seen 1 ??0
            Welcome to the world of super heated induction air

I've ridden the Vrod, it lights up the rear hoop in 3rd, owned and was recently for sale by a forum member
            It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Would be a great project to embark on !! But due to the Sv engine been capable of only 140hp .. U would do a full spears rebuild I guess .. That suposedly would net u 140hp with 2mm over bore .. But price tag around 3k I'm tipin .. So till the funds are theair ..

As is .the elec fan setup is gana cost close to $1000 .. So guess well just wait and see ...

Have to say thanx to mike .for givin me the time of day .even with the fan idea !lol he was interested And wished us the best of luck !!

Comment

What's wrong with the electric idea?
                If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Or for far less money and fucking about, you could just buy a litrebike with 190hp, and less weight, and more reliability, and better suspension + brakes.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Slipin View Post
                    But he was interested in the fan option and asked me to tell him if the worked out ..
                    Was probably just being polite....

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                      Or for far less money and fucking about, you could just buy a litrebike with 190hp, and less weight, and more reliability, and better suspension + brakes.
                      So not only do you pop little kids balloons, you throw their lollipop in the dirt.

Barfridge, destroyer of dreams.
                      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

you need NOS, dawg.

Comment

I prefer to think of it as telling kids to not buy broccoli flavoured lollipops, and to get a nicer one instead. If they both cost the same, why go for the shit option? Sure there's some people who are proud to like shit flavoured things, but that's hardly a badge to wear with pride. (refer me and my shame at owning a long succession of krapasakis).
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I've ridden with a mate who had a Vrod with a Sprintex supercharger fitted, it went like a shower of shit. melted poisons occasionally though.
                            Last edited by agrid; 25-03-2011, 04:20 PM.
                            -

Comment

Yeah he proberly was .. But still many others not mentioning any names two [email protected]$)? W$&@&$? Wold give a toss ! But having a good product is only half the chalange... After customer care ensures u willbe back !!

I certaily .when the the time comes to chase that special touch . When 10-15k is. Avalableble.. Mike at sprintex will be gettin my buisness . Due to a 10min
                              chat and gave me real no
                              bullshit straght up answers ?

I'm 26 .left knee recon left shoulder recon .and owned 10 bbikes mainly all 4's but also
                              in the shed is an
                              ex Ralphmamoleti supersport spec 2003 zx6 rr race cams , maped pc111, full ti acro system
                              all susp worked + heaps more ..

I put it on the road 2 years ago. Can only ride the bike for half hour. Bfor my
                              injuries realy begin to
                              kill me .. Bikes only done 12500kms . Selling soonish

but whe I came across the sv it just felt " right " high fighter bars .. And low and midrange power was exactly what I was after .. Iits not perfect .. But If u have ever sat and riden a bike. from what ever year and iti just knew u and u it. ...
                              So given my 11 year search ive found a bike idont mind Putin a lil money in

Comment

Working...
                              X