Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service gone wrong?

Hi everybody!

I m new here and new to Perth too. And actually I should have found this forum earlier. I m already too late I m afraid.

I moved in a few months ago and bought myself an hypermotard. Yesterday I brought it to causeway service center for 12000kms service. Bike was fine apart from noisy front brake when braking real hard, and brake light not turning on when braking with the front.
    But when coming out of there I had worse problem. I noticed, directly during the first few kilometers, a very unhealthy noise coming from the engine. Sounds like an old washing machine, bearings problem or sthg similar. And it feels like some power is gone, front wheel doesn t lift off as easily as it used too ( unfortunately my knowledge in mechanics is very very basic so my explanation is pretty rubbish.. sorry) I directly brought it back this morning, they ll check that beginning of next week. But seems like they don't feel very responsible for that new problem. And they might charge me to fix it which I don't really look forward too.
    Basically my questions are: do they have good reputation over there? Would it be possible they damage sthg that would cause this kind of problem during service? Is charging 600 dollars for supposedly 6 hours of labour a normal thing in Perth? Am I being ripped off?
    And if it goes wrong where can I find very professional and good service in Perth?

Thanks in advance for your help and advices.
    Cheers

Do who have a good reputation??.. (causeway have a few shops)

Most places charge ~ $100 an hour so 6 hours for $600 is normal yes.
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

The trouble with leaving a store and coming back later saying my bike is fucked is that you cant prove you didnt cause the damage! If it was there when you jumped on the bike at the store then you should have said something there and then otherwise there aint shit you can do really! Unless the bike is under warranty then you have good reason to be telling them to fix it!

Comment

what does your 12,000km service entail?
        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
          Do who have a good reputation??.. (causeway have a few shops)

Most places charge ~ $100 an hour so 6 hours for $600 is normal yes.
          Glad to know the price is fine thanks. But what I am wondering about is the 6 hours. I had never been charged more than 3 hours just for service before. But never owned that type of bike before.. And I m talking about the ktm & ducati service center at the back of all those causeway dealers in victoria park.

Originally posted by Cbr Junkie View Post
          The trouble with leaving a store and coming back later saying my bike is fucked is that you cant prove you didnt cause the damage! If it was there when you jumped on the bike at the store then you should have said something there and then otherwise there aint shit you can do really! Unless the bike is under warranty then you have good reason to be telling them to fix it!
          Indeed.. Unfortunately I picked it up before they closed on friday and heard the noise once the engine warmed up a bit. So went back at opening hours the next morning with just 40kms more on the odo ( ride back home and back to the service center) I hope I could have done faster.. But will see what they say.
          Didier
          Inactive Member
          Last edited by Didier; 26-03-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drifter View Post
            what does your 12,000km service entail?
            Invoice says spark plugs, oil filter, oil, brake fluid and 6 hours of labour.
            and this is what the book says:

Comment

i would say a chunk of the labour is in checking and adjusting valve clearances.
              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Yea valve clearances for sure!

Comment

Has it got any oil in it?
                  Seen it before when it's been forgotten.

Comment

For the sake of all peoples involved reputations, keep the details as is until they have had time to check it out and deal with the problem. Do not post negatively as this will effect your service as they will use defamation as a distraction from the ussues at hand
                    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
                      Has it got any oil in it?
                      Seen it before when it's been forgotten.
                      Yes there's oil. And looks new.

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                      For the sake of all peoples involved reputations, keep the details as is until they have had time to check it out and deal with the problem. Do not post negatively as this will effect your service as they will use defamation as a distraction from the ussues at hand
                      I read my post again to be sure but I think I am only asking questions and relating the facts in order to get my way out of this the best way possible. Haven't blamed anyone at all. Just trying to sort it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr Junkie View Post
                        I don't think bringing it back the next day with only 40 extra kms on it is unreasonable.
                        My suggestion, keep all your receipts and documentation and talk to the shop about it to see if you can reach a resolution.
                        Maybe get in contact with DOCEP Servicing and repair - Consumer Protection - Department of Commerce and follow their advice.

Comment

Thanks a lot JC!
                          Very useful link! Much appreciated ^^

Comment

Could it just be the rattle of the dry clutch?
                            Wes

Comment

you just got raped.. nobody will help you and nothing can be done..

*this is my experience and since it only happened to me i'm just talking out of my ass and i'm just an emotional wreck after copping an insane amount of labour, parts etc and my shit still doesn't work right and i have to take it elsewhere to fix it. it cost more money but i know who is good and who is rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                              X