Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff bar install ?? How to??

hi guys

ive a sv1000 with a stiff bar on the front suspension ..... i noticed it stutterd when pulling up on slow braking ... so i took the bar off and problem solved ???

i want it on their .. cause they surley will make a differance in the twisties ..

question is... when in stallling ... should the bike front end have weight on it ? "rear racestand set up" .. so both shocks have even weight

or with the front end of the ground .. via handle bars rope and strong shed beam ??

any way .. cheers for any help !!
    IF ITS TO LOUD ! YOUR TOO OLD

What?
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

its a bar that goes between the shocks ... on non usd model bikes that aids front end stifness
      just look up "super brace"

its an aftermarket mod on my bike 06 sv1000
      Last edited by Slipin; 06-04-2011, 12:08 PM. Reason: stuff

Comment

put it on just tight enough to hold its place then grab the front brake and rock the bike back and forth, compressing and extending the forks. After doing this a few times the brace will have found its own alignment. Tighten it up to the correct torque and ride.

Comment

Wait.. You took it off because it was causing a problem but you want to put it back on again?
          Originally posted by Desmo
          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

took it off to give it a polish initialy .. chrome finish and all... and as i did. 2 of the 4 bolts had worked them selves half out!!!!...

so out of curiosity i took it for a spin. see if id notice a differance .... and the whole brake stuttering thing had gone...

apart from that i didnt notice mutch differance ... but givin the bikes main use is a hoon tool .. cornering was never high on the things to sort .. but i will put it back on .. as instructed !!! thanx! and see how it goes !!
            Last edited by Slipin; 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM. Reason: stuff

Comment

In future i suggest the term Fork Brace instead of stiff bar so people will know what you are on about, stiff bar I was expecting some responses that were moving way to fast for prime time.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Mods please, isn't stupidity sufficient grounds ................
                Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

gotchya

Comment

Well, first you need to ensure adequate lubrication. I usually find alcohol helps when I'm installing my stiff bar...

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

Get it sorted dude otherwise some arse will only give you a couple of hundred bucks for it for a resto project
                      I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

yeah yeah !!! u realy did some magic to the ol rg matt thats for sure !!! but sein the lil shop u have ur self ..is exactly what i need !!!

but gana try my best doin somthin special ... like all the shit ive steird up with this fan crap!!

just need some room and a place that dosent flood !!! and a heap of patiance !!! hope to see it 1 off these days !! and for and old 85-86 rg ... bet it supprised u how much poke it had !!

Comment

Working...
                        X